ESTRO 31 and the World Congress of Brachytherapy
Published on March 17, 2012 at 7:07 AM
The 31st ESTRO congress and the World Congress of Brachytherapy
CCIB, Rambla Prim 1-17, 08019 Barcelona, Spain
Wednesday 9 - Sunday 13 May 2012
What are these conferences?
ESTRO 31 and the World Congress of Brachytherapy will combine to feature new research results in clinical and basic radiobiology, physics and brachytherapy, presented by top doctors and scientists from all over the world working together for the benefit of cancer patients.
The two conferences, which will run in parallel, are expected to attract 4000 delegates from around 50 countries
The conferences cover the entire spectrum of radiotherapy and brachytherapy and highlight what is new across fields as diverse as:
- how radiotherapy can cope with an ageing population
- gene profiling, radiobiology, and treatment of disease
- how to combine radiotherapy with molecular targeted drugs
- using particle therapies to spare normal tissues
- radiotherapy and health economics
- how can radiotherapists deal with patients' movement?
- the use of predictive biomarkers
Visit the ESTRO and WCB web site: http://www.estro-events.org/Pages/ESTRO31.aspx