Oncology departments can now provide their patients with a better PET/CT imaging experience using Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc.'s all-new Celesteion (pending 510(k) clearance). The versatile system combines high performance PET and CT for all radiation and oncology imaging needs, including tumor detection, treatment evaluation and CT simulation.
As healthcare reform puts a greater emphasis on patient satisfaction, the Celesteion's numerous patient-friendly features are designed for this new landscape. These include:
- Industry's Largest Bore - 90 cm CT and 88 cm PET bore offers a feeling of openness for patients, and more accurate CT and PET imaging
- Fast Imaging - For reduced exam times
- PET - 450 ps time-of-flight resolution
- CT - 0.5 second rotation with 0.5 mm detectors producing 32 slices
- Expansive Field-of-View - 70 cm true CT and PET field-of-view and 85 cm CT extended field-of-view
- CT Dose Reduction - Ensuring that patient safety is not a choice, Celesteion comes standard with Toshiba's most advanced CT dose reduction technology, AIDR 3D, for safer CT imaging, and is also compliant with MITA's XR-29 Smart Dose Standard
"By listening to our customers and understanding their business, we know there is a need for a PET/CT system that puts patients first, and the Celesteion is that solution," said Satrajit Misra, senior director, CT Business Unit, Toshiba. "Accuracy and efficiency are crucial under healthcare reform, and Celesteion is capable of producing high quality images while improving workflow for providers."
Toshiba's Celesteion is being unveiled for the first time at the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI) meeting, June 7-11, 2014, in St. Louis.
Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc.