Fashion industry supports Drink Up initiative that encourages Americans to drink more water
Published on June 25, 2014 at 9:06 AM
The Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA), which works with the private sector and PHA Honorary Chair First Lady Michelle Obama to make healthier choices easier for busy parents and families, today announced multiple leaders from the fashion industry have joined its Drink Up initiative, an effort that encourages Americans across the country to drink more water, more often.
Fashion supporters BCBG MAXAZRIA and HERVé LéGER by Max Azria, Bloomingdale's, Easy Spirit, HSN (Home Shopping Network), J.Crew, Rebecca Minkoff and Skechers Performance Division have joined the effort, which now includes approximately 50 supporters across various water and retail industries that have come together to help spread the message that drinking water is one of the healthiest choices everyone can make, every day.
"I am thrilled that leaders from across the fashion industry are coming together to help spread Drink Up's important message to drink more water, more often," said First Lady Michelle Obama. "Helping our children make healthy choices is an all-hands-on deck effort, and I applaud the leadership shown by BCBG, Bloomingdale's, Easy Spirit, HSN, J.Crew, Rebecca Minkoff and Skechers."
"Since its creation, Drink Up has focused on bringing unique organizations together to encourage everyone to drink water more often," said PHA CEO Lawrence A. Soler. "By showing their support for Drink Up today, the companies joining us continue their trendsetting traditions, reminding us all that water is always in style."
The following contributions have been provided by Drink Up's Fashion Initiative Supporters:
- Co-branded water bottle displays in 34 retail locations nationwide courtesy of BCBG MAXAZRIA and HERVé LéGER by Max Azria
- In-store activation and consumer shopping event courtesy of Bloomingdale's
- Percentage of proceeds from the sale of select merchandise for a limited time courtesy of Easy Spirit.com
- Two-week on-air awareness campaign courtesy of HSN
- Custom Drink Up "Crewcut" t-shirts courtesy of J.Crew. 100% of the net proceeds from the sale of each crewcuts t-shirt will be donated to PHA
- Co-branded custom beach towel and percentage of proceeds courtesy of Rebecca Minkoff
- Co-branded gift with purchase and in-store window displays in 35 retail locations nationwide, courtesy of Skechers Performance Division
Partnership for a Healthier America