Decision Resources has expanded its disease-level coverage of the Treatment Algorithms Insight Series, which examines U.S. physicians' prescribing behavior, to provide a quantitative analysis of an agent's penetration into each line of therapy.
Other key capabilities of the Treatment Algorithms Insight Series:
- Patient-level claims data: The research is supported by a deep longitudinal patient-level claims dataset, which covers the prescribing practices for a representative sample of 40 million patients.
- Newly-diagnosed patient analysis: For each disease examined, the series provides product-oriented patient flow and line-of-therapy analysis among newly diagnosed patients in the United States.
- Drug-treated population data: The series evaluates data on the overall drug-treated population to measure add-versus-switch patterns and brand share for key products.
- Key market coverage: New report titles have been added to expand the range of disease coverage, including:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Crohn's disease
- Chronic heart failure
- Diabetic macular edema
- Low testosterone
- Nephrology in chronic kidney disease non-dialysis
- Painful diabetic neuropathy
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Postherpetic neuralgia
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Ulcerative colitis
- Wet age-related macular degeneration
Comments from Decision Resources Group Director of Brand Solutions Jennifer Thomas:
- "Each module in this series helps marketers understand trends in drug utilization for a specific disease area. Whether they are tracking a new product launch or analyzing the impact of a generic entry, this tool clearly shows how prescribing patterns change in reaction to these market dynamics. Based on client demand, we've decided to expand our 2014 research suite to include 19 new report titles, encompassing an even greater breadth of disease-level analysis."