UCB, a global biopharmaceutical company focusing on CNS and immunology treatment and research, is sponsoring key sets of VIMPAT® (lacosamide) C-V data at the 66th Annual Meeting of the American Epilepsy Society (AES) in San Diego, Calif., November 30 - December 4.
"UCB recognizes the importance of investing in clinical research and is proud to present VIMPAT® data that support our goal of gaining additional insight into the treatment of epilepsy," said Carol Satler, MD, PhD, Vice President, U.S. Medical Affairs, UCB, Inc. "Our collaborations with the scientific community allow us to increase our understanding of VIMPAT® and underscore our commitment to improving the lives of people with epilepsy."
VIMPAT® is indicated as an add-on therapy for the treatment of partial-onset seizures in adults with epilepsy (ages > 17 in the U.S., ages > 16 years in the EU). The most common adverse reactions reported in pivotal trials and occurring in 10 percent or more of VIMPAT®-treated patients, and greater than placebo, were dizziness, headache, nausea, and diplopia. Additional important safety information for VIMPAT® is available below.
Following is a guide to UCB-sponsored posters for VIMPAT® and epilepsy being exhibited during the AES annual meeting. To schedule an interview with an investigator, please contact Andrea Levin at 404.483.7329 or Andrea.Levin@ucb.com.
1. Cost-Utility Analysis of Lacosamide Adjunctive Therapy in the Treatment of Patients with Refractory Epilepsy in Canada
Abstract 3.260; POSTER Session 3: MONDAY, December 3, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
2. Determining Minimal Important Change Thresholds for the Seizure Severity Questionnaire (SSQ) in Clinical Trials
Abstract 3.256; POSTER Session 3: MONDAY, December 3, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
3. Early Efficacy with Adjunctive Lacosamide Treatment in Patients with Uncontrolled Partial Seizures: Analysis of Mean Percentage of Seizure-Free Days Per Week
Abstract 3.250; POSTER Session 3: MONDAY, December 3, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
4. Evaluation of Long-Term Treatment with Lacosamide for Partial-Onset Seizures in the Elderly
Abstract 3.234; POSTER Session 3: MONDAY, December 3, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
5. Long-Term Treatment of Partial-Onset Seizures in Adults Exposed Only to Approved Lacosamide Doses: Pooled Analysis of Three Open-Label Extension Studies
Abstract 1.227; POSTER Session 1: SATURDAY, December 1, 11:45 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.