All Heart Homecare, a trusted Brooklyn home health care agency, is spotlighting the agency's diabetic coaching services for patients struggling with the daily monitoring and management of diabetes. Poor monitoring and maintenance of diabetes can be a fatal mistake and All Heart Homecare's staff urges all patients to learn the basics and ask for professional help when needed.
There are three basic components to properly monitoring a patient's diabetic status. These include daily blood glucose testing, recording results and reporting and analyzing results with a patient's doctor on a regular basis. Home care services in New York urge patients to purchase and learn to properly use a glucometer. Patients struggling with the use of the glucometer can employ the assistance of a home health aide to ensure continued health.
Using a glucometer is the most effective way to monitor a patient's daily blood glucose level. Glucometers are available through most medical care providers and offer clear, step by step instructions for usage.
Home health aides explain the four basic steps to checking blood glucose levels with a glucometer:
- Insert a testing strip into the glucometer after the patient has washed their hands.
- Use the included lancing device to draw blood from the side of the patient's fingertip. A drop of blood is all that is needed.
- Touch and hold the edge of the test strip to the blood. Wait for results to appear on glucometer.
- Read and record the results displayed. Bring recorded results to a medical provider.
Target ranges for blood glucose levels vary from patient to patient and are dependent on the individual's unique medical conditions. Target ranges for glucose levels are based on five factors. These are listed below. A home health care service provider can further explain these to patients.
Criteria For Target Ranges for Blood Glucose Levels:
- Type and duration of diabetes
- Age and life expectancy
- Comorbid conditions
- Known CVD or Advanced microvascular complications
- Individual patient characteristics
"As Brooklyn's premier home care agency, All Heart Homecare offers trained, compassionate professionals to assist patients with the daily monitoring of blood glucose levels. Those struggling with this vital task are advised to contact All Heart Homecare for assistance. We are dedicated to making diabetes a manageable condition for all of our patients," says Albert Finkelshteyn - All Heart Care's director.
All Heart Homecare Agency, Inc.