Using Small angle X-ray scattering (SAXS), the BioXolver collects structural information on biological samples in solution such as macromolecule envelope and associated parameters, protein interactions and flexibility information.
SAXS measurements on biological samples have thus far been restricted to low-throughput laboratory setups or synchrotron facilities that necessitate large volumes of samples.
Xenocs’ BioXolver designed with exclusive features prevails these restrictions. It provides:
- Multi-sample measurements and data analysis that are fully automated
- High-quality data
- Ability to work reliably with very small sample volumes
- This capability is available directly in the users’ laboratory, enabling them to cut short their development cycle and speed up the bio-structural research
Discovering Macromolecular Shape and Interactions
The BioXolver instrument obtains structural data on biological samples using small-angle X-ray scattering (SAXS).
Using SAXS, the BioXolver measures major structural parameters of biological samples in solution like:
- Low-resolution 3D protein shape
- Degree of folding
- Molecular weight
- Radius of gyration
- Maximum intra-particle distance
Benefiting from 20 years of continuous R&D in SAXS from Xenocs, the BioXolver offers a unique combination of both the capability to study low scattering biological solutions and a unique level of automation.
Key features include:
- High intensity source and optics
- Clean beam and beamstopfree technology for high data quality
- In-line pipetting robot for tubeless sample loading to prevent contamination and sample loss
- BioCube sample cell with machine vision control and loading of 5 µL volumes
- In-line size-exclusion chromatography (SEC) directly coupled with SAXS and UV-VIS for investigation of complex samples
In-Lab SEC-SAXS, Protein-Protein Interactions...
The BioXolver opens the way for routine characterization of biological macromolecules in the laboratory, thereby providing rapid feedback for biostructural investigations, protein formulation and crystallization studies.
Example of applications include:
- In-lab SEC-SAXS for structural investigation of complex samples
- High-throughput 3D protein envelope
- Protein-protein interactions to study aggregation
- Thorough investigation of oligomers during protein fibrillation
BioXolver, Accelerate your biostructural research
High-quality SAXS data in the lab
High throughput measurements and results
Low sample volume consumption