Now it's possible to identify SARS-CoV-2 in indoor air
Leaders of small and large organizations from the local to the national level are often challenged by a variety of new and urgent questions.
- Where are the high transmission risk spaces?
- How to re-open safely?
- Are cleaning processes effective?
- How do we know if our SARS-CoV-2 policy is working?
Occupational and environmental surveillance complements the knowledge already gained from individual testing, allowing one to better evaluate the safety of facilities and communitites.
The Thermo ScientificTM AerosolSenseTM Sampler, a new pathogen surveillance solution, has been designed to deliver timely and highly reliable insight into the presence of in-air pathogens for monitoring and improving facility safety protocols.
Investing in this solution, organizations can confidently help protect communities and employees while sustaining operational and business continuity.
What facilities could benefit from this solution?
Offices, schools/universities, manufacturing, healthcare/hospitals, nursing homes and several other indoor facilities.
A fast and simple workflow
- Collect the sample—place the sampler on a flat and unobstructed surface and then insert the sample cartridge.
- Remove and replace the cartridge—After the sampling cycle is over, remove the sample cartridge and transfer it to a biohazard bag to send it to a laboratory.
- Send the sample cartridge to the testing laboratory —get results within 2 hours if laboratory is onsite at facility or within 24 hours if utilizing the Thermo Fisher Scientific testing service.
Easy to use
The pathogen surveillance solution was developed by considering users’ requirements. Only minimal operator training is needed.
Robust system capabilities
Highly stable and sensitive aerosol collection and separation technology offers reliable performance across different environments.
Validated specifically for the SARS-CoV-2 pathogen, the design is intended to capture a wide variety of in-air pathogens.