The 2mag bioREACTOR 48 is a new developed, space-saving and user-friendly bioreaction block with up to 48 parallelized mini reactors.
The high parallelization allows an easy realization of high-throughput fermentations in the biotechnological, chemical or pharmaceutical research. This strongly reduces development time and costs for new production processes. Miniaturization into the low milliliter scale (8-15 ml) provides a significant saving of material and process costs.
The 2mag bioREACTOR is characterized by a precise temperature control, an exactly controllable stirring speed with automatic stirrer monitoring as well as precise non-invasive real-time measurement of pH and dissolved oxygen (DO). Gassing and mixing of the reaction vessels is provided by the gas inducing, inductive stirring elements.
The sterile headspace aeration prevents cross and external contaminations and allows cultivation of aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms. An easy and secure scaling-up of the results into production scale can be ensured by precisely defined engineering parameters and the comparable power and oxygen input (kLa > 0,4 s-1) to well-established stirred tank reactors. The bioREACTOR can be operated as standalone or fully automated by integration into a pipetting robot.
- High parallelization
- Automated stirrer monitoring
- Precise temperature control
- Intelligent software for parallel operation
- Optimal working volume
- Autoclavability and high sterility
- Non-invasive real-time measurement of pH and DO
- Easy Upscaling
- Easy handling through disposables
- High oxygen transfer rates
- High parallel and sequential reproducibility
- Aerobic and anaerobic cultivation of bacteria, yeasts and funghi
- Evaluation of adequate production strains (strain development)
- Media screening and optimization
- Optimization of the process design (manual batch or automated batch or fed-batch process design with pipetting robots)
- Cell growth experiments
- Studies of gene and protein expression
- Viabily tests
- Inhibition and toxicity experiments
- Enzyme assays
- Quality control
- Also applicable for chemical and enzymatic reactions