ALpHA® G capsule filters are offered in a wide range of configurations to seamlessly scale from lab applications to process development through full-scale production. ALpHA® G’s unique absolute rated depth type filter media has been optimized for a gamma irradiation cycle commonly used to sterilize single-use systems. The capsule filter’s tapered pore structure provides high flow rates and high throughput, while also delivering extraordinary dirt holding capacity.
ALpHA® G capsule filters are available in absolute retention ratings from 0.6 µm to 20 µm for clarification applications within biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Gamma irradiatable – ALpHA® G capsule filters can be gamma irradiated and provided sterile for immediate use.
- Scalable – Easy to scale-up from capsules with filter surface areas of 0.02 m2 to capsules with filter surface areas of 2.5 m2.
- Ready to use – ALpHA® G capsule filters typically don’t require pre-rinse steps before use or post-use rinse and blow down steps for product recovery.
- UltraSnap™ compatible – For large volume processing and applications requiring multistage filtration, ALpHA® G UltraCap® H.D. filters can be secured in an UltraSnap™ assembly. This assembly can be delivered as a single presterilized unit for true plug and play functionality.
- Low extractables and endotoxin levels