The SENTERRA II defines a new level of spectroscopic performance and user friendliness in the class of compact Raman microscopes.
SENTERRA II is designed to deliver excellent sensitivity combined with high spectral and imaging performance. Therefore the SENTERRA II is a powerful platform for advanced research applications. Due to its high degree of automation, compact size and efficient workflow the SENTERRA II is likewise an ideal tool for solving real world tasks in the quality control laboratory.
Its unprecedented permanent stability of the wavenumber axis guarantees precise and accurate results at every time. The SENTERRA II is THE Raman microscope for both, the multi-user environment with high daily throughput and for the lab working at the forefront of scientific research.
SENTERRA II highlights:
- Research-grade spectroscopic performance
- Intuitive & convenient workflow due to software guidance and automated hardware
- Unmatched wavenumber accuracy and precision by SureCALTM
- Straightforward Raman imaging
- Compact design with spectrometer included in the microscope
- Full spectral range with all gratings
- Multi laser excitation with fast switching capabilities
- Combination with FT-Raman technology for minimized fluorescence
- Fully automated instrument tests according to USP 1120, PhEur 2.2.48, ASTM E1840 and E2529-06
- Full compliance with GMP/cGMP, GLP and 21 CFRp11
- Open architecture version for the study of larger samples (e.g. in art) with high lateral resolution
Efficiently Solving Analytical Tasks
The SENTERRA II allows measuring Raman images and combines the obtained spatially resolved molecular information with high-quality microscopic images of the sample. The analysis is performed contactless and without the need of sample preparation. Chemical images of the sample surface can be achieved with a very high spatial resolution down to less than a micron. In addition depth profiling of optically transparent samples allows non-destructive sample investigation in the third dimension. Being suitable to be used for the detection, discrimination and identification of organic and inorganic materials the SENTERRA II has a wide range of applications.
- Differentiation of polymorphs
- Visualization of the distribution of API and excipients in tablets
- Failure analysis: Identification of particles & inclusions
- Identification of pure polymers and blends
- Analysis of multilayer systems
- Characterization of polymers: crystallinity, density, conformation
- Determination of monomer content, fillers, additives
- Failure analysis: identification of impurities and inclusions
Coatings and Interfaces
- Study of the composition and homogeneity
- Differentiation of amorphous and microcrystalline silicon
- Characterization of novel 2D materials & carbon nanotube
- Identification of trace evidence from crime scenes such as fibers, particles, paint chips, etc.
- Proof of the authenticity of works of art
- Analysis of counterfeit documents, pharmaceuticals and money
- Illicit drug analysis
- Detection and identification of explosives
Art and Cultural Heritage
- Identification of materials used for art objects
- Discrimination of genuine and fake artifacts
- Study of preservation, degradation and aging of objects of art
- Study of the molecular composition of cells and tissue