The 205 atomic absorption spectrophotometer is the next evolution of the highly successful Buck 210VGP. The 205 is a rugged, economical and highly sensitive instrument which is perfect for industrial, educational and QC operation.
The Buck Scientific 205 AAS uses a unique burner system, to get more sample to the flame, which results in more signal and better sensitivity. An impact bead nebulizer is used to get an efficient generation of a fine aerosol of sample solution. The short path spray chamber permits difficult solutions containing organics or high dissolved solids to be aspirated with superb precision and minimal instabilities. To take advantage of this enhanced signal, we designed an optical layout that provides the highest throughput of any commercially available spectrophotometer. The very simple straight line optical path uses a monochromator with a single reflector mirror. This cuts down on the amount of light loss often associated with models having multiple mirrors. Because of this, the Buck 205 AAS can detect far into the UV elements, such as arsenic and selenium, with ten times greater sensitivity.
- Internal microprocessor generates calibration curve with graphical and tabular formats
- Dual lamp power, one for warm up
- High throughput “stable beam” optical system
- Modulated HCL power supply to cancel DC emission from flame
- Digital readout for absorbance, emission, direct concentration, lamp currents and PMT voltage
- Autozero, integration and high gain damping features
- Bandpass resolution from 0.2 - 0.7 - 2.0 nm
- Burner safety interlock system for nitrous oxide/acetylene flame operation
- High sensitivity detection using quartz PMT detector
- Analog and digital output for chart recorders & PC data systems
- Compact Size and rugged design