The BioMicroLab VolumeCheck 384 has the highest accuracy, fastest scan speed, and compatibility with the extensive range of labware, and has been the preferred VolumeCheck model for most laboratories.
It is completely compatible with users’ 384 well plates and uncapped tubes in 96-, 48-, and 24-format racks (no adapters or consumables are required), and returns to the volumes of a 384 well plate in as little as 30 seconds in fast scan mode.
BioMicroLab VC384 - Automated Volume Detection & Verification
Video Credit: SPT Labtech Limited
Fastest scanning speed boosts efficiency
The VolumeCheck 384 has the potential to scan and detect sample volumes in 96 well plates in as little as 30 seconds.
Replaces visual or manual inspection of well plates to save valuable time
The VC384 uses ground-breaking ultrasonic technology to quantify the distance between the sensor and the meniscus height.
Collects and outputs sample volume data for each well position
The instrument infers the distance from a calibration table made by the user and outputs the volume for every well position.
Compatible with a range of labware and solutions for flexibility
The technology enables effective sample measurement of the sample volume in an extensive range of labware and is consistent with a range of sample types.
Highly accurate system detecting to sub 2-3 μL
The VolumeCheck 384 liquid level sensor detects sample volume alterations in the sub 2-3 μL range for 384 well plates.
Intuitive, user-friendly software interface
The VolumeCheck software user interface, with an easily analyzable display, has been developed explicitly for quality control applications. Operators can scan columns, rows, or full racks for highly efficient throughput.
Fast and efficient volume detection solutions
Worldwide laboratories are selecting BioMicroLab VolumeCheck instruments for independent and non-contact volume detection of samples in well plates and uncapped tube racks at speeds as quick as 30 seconds for every rack.
- Substitutes visual or manual inspection of well plates
- Offers QC step for assay plate creation
- Confirms sample volume before and after liquid handling operations
- Outputs sample volume for every well or tube
- Detects and reports empty wells
- Shallow or deep well plates
- Comes with 96, 48, and 24 SBS standard well labware
- PCR plates and assay plates available
- Uncapped or unsealed labware available
- Vials or tubes range up to 92 mm in height
- Extensive range of common ANSI/SLAS standard racks and plates
- No consumables required—functions with users’ racks and plates
VolumeCheck uses ultrasonic technology to quantify the distance between the sensor and the height of the meniscus. It extrapolates the distance from the user's calibration table and outputs the volume. The technology enables sample volume and measurement of an extensive range of labware.
The VolumeCheck software calibration wizard helps the user make the calibration table effectively, which is dependent on identified volumes of a provided sample. Several calibration tables could be stored, making it simple to change between sample types and different labware.
The resolution and precision will depend on whether the samples are centrifuged, the accuracy of the calibration tables created by the user, any dimensional variation in labware consumables, and the sample volume in the plates.
The VolumeCheck returns to a greater resolution with low-volume plates versus higher-volume plates (PCR plates vs. 2.2 mL deep well plates).
The VolumeCheck displays good repeatability, which makes it an ideal choice for various volume inspection tasks.
- Produces an output file (.csv) of volume data on a well-by-well basis
- User interface developed for quality control applications
- Graphically displays the well plate volumes in rows and columns
- ActiveX toolkit comes for integration projects
- Prints or produces a PDF of plate reports
- Choose rows or columns to scan for effective throughput
- Contains plate data calibration table utility
- Project-based software for several kinds of applications and labware
- User-friendly Windows-based software
The VolumeCheck software calibration wizard helps the user effectively make the reference curve, known as volume vs. distance measure, to the meniscus for a provided sample. Several reference curves could be stored, making switching between sample types and various kinds of labware simple.
BioMicroLab provides software developer toolkits for all instruments for integrators, end-users, and other manufacturers to completely combine a BioMicroLab instrument with LIMS and other robotics systems. The following manufacturers have made integrations with the BioMicroLab VolumeCheck:
- Beckman Coulter
- Green Button Go™ by Biosero
- Titian–Mosaic Sample Management Software
Source: SPT Labtech Limited
|The VolumeCheck scans a 384 well plate in just 30 seconds in fast scan mode, and 2-3 minutes in full scan mode. Scan speed will vary between 30 seconds and 3 minutes, depending on selected settings
|11”W x 26.5”D x 12.5”H (28 cm x 68 cm x 32 cm)
|Operating System: Windows 10, 8, 7; ~2 GB RAM Recommended
One USB Port
|The VolumeCheck 384 liquid level sensor is capable of sensing changes in sample volume in the sub 2-3 μL range.
|33.25 lbs. (15 kg)
|110-220 VAC ~ 50/60 dHz