Vitl offers a range of interchangeable intelligent Heated Modules, used as adapters for the Flexi-Therm dry block heater and Ther-Mix heated laboratory mixer.
Our Heated modules are a more efficient and accurate method of sample heating. They work in a similar way to PCR-style heating - instead of heating the air around the sample, the lid of the Heated Module is in direct contact with the consumable.
We pre-calibrate them too so there’s no need to waste space with thermometers or thermocouples.
We also test them pretty thoroughly, here's one of the modules going through reliability testing:
If you’re using a Ther-Mix and Flexi-Therm with the same Module, it will remember the last used settings and automatically detect which base unit you have connected it to – no need to reprogram each time.
- Can be used on both the Flexi-Therm and Ther-Mix
- Independent control of sample and lid temperatures to reduce evaporation and condensation
- Previously used settings stored in each Heated Module
- Range of blocks available for different microplate, microtube and test tube formats
- Safety holding screw to prevent Module detatching from the base at high speeds
- Sample prep for PCR
- Preheating of samples
- Thawing frozen samples
- Reactions requiring good thermal control
- Sample incubation
- Maintaining sample temperature after mixing with the Ther-Mix