The QUAD®, the newest Sutter Instrument motorized micromanipulator, is easy to use and features four independent axes. Each axis has a 25mm range of motion, a digital display of position and an ROE control.
The compact, intuitive controller takes up minimal bench space, is fan free and is easy to use. Three axes provide the X, Y, Z-orthogonal motion typical of most motorized micromanipulators.
In the QUAD, Sutter introduces a true fourth axis to move the electrode coaxially at exactly the desired angle of approach. The fourth axis has 30mm of travel that significantly extends the range of travel for the system.
The QUAD is very easy to operate. The compact design takes up minimal bench space, has ROE control, a digital display of position, is fan free and intuitive to use. ROE inputs for each axis allow facile manual control of electrode position.
Five conveniently located buttons control all of the basic functions that you will need in normal operation.
Press and hold the Work button to quickly store a work position; press Work again and the manipulator will return to the same location.
Home sends the manipulator to an initial location or any user defined position, which is useful for changing electrodes rapidly.
When you are ready to begin collecting data the motor drive electronics can be suppressed by pressing Quiet.
Display coordinates can be zeroed at any location by pressing Relative; go back to absolute coordinates by pressing Relative again.
Finally, Pulse activates a pulse movement mode that produces small, rapid bursts of motion that can be advantageous for sharp electrode cell penetration.
- Four independent axes - 30mm travel in diagonal for coaxial pipette movement, 25mm travel in X, Y and Z
- Sub-micron 100nm resolution
- True diagonal assures coaxial movement
- Quiet mode eliminates electrical noise
- Display indicates coordinates in relative or absolute
- User-friendly, fanless compact controller with ROE preserves bench space
- Push button control of multiple functions - WORK, HOME, QUIET, PULSE and RELATIVE
- Robotic HOME and WORK position moves for easy automated pipette exchange
- Suited for in vivo electrophysiological recording
- New: USB interface for computer control