Sutter Instrument is proud to announce one of the most significant additions to our product lineup in years: a full suite of electrophysiology recording hardware and software.
The IPA® family of Integrated Patch Amplifiers, enables efficient, low-noise whole-cell recordings. The IPA system, available with one (IPA) or two recording channels (Double IPA), combines state-of-the-art amplifier technology with fully integrated D/A and A/D conversion and a high speed USB interface.
Acquisition, data management, and streamlined analysis are performed using the bundled SutterPatchTM Data Acquisition and Analysis Software, built on the foundation of Igor Pro 7 (WaveMetrics, Inc.).
SutterPatch™ software is a full-featured electrophysiology data acquisition, management and analysis application for Windows or Macintosh computers. SutterPatch comes bundled with the Sutter Instrument IPA™ Integrated Patch Amplifier.
The software controls data acquisition, provides real-time measurements to aid decision making during the experiment, keeps track of all amplifier parameters, records the experimental progress and stores a set of up to 500 metadata parameters.
Built within the newly released version 7 of Igor Pro by WaveMetrics, Inc., SutterPatch provides immediate access to Igor’s powerful scientific and engineering analysis tools.
Particular emphasis was put into intuitive navigation through large data sets. Controls that are familiar from electrophysiology software or applications in other fields, as well as entirely new approaches make finding a particular section of an experiment very easy.
The structured architecture of the data files was designed to retain the context of every sample within an experiment. With little effort at the beginning of an experiment, a plethora of metadata parameters are recorded – automatically where possible, configured by the user where desired. Each parameter can be reviewed before a Paradigm or Routine is executed.
SutterPatch software comes with a collection of sample Paradigms and Routines that help configuring commonly executed experimental scenarios.
SutterPatch provides real-time analysis capability that creates graphs like I-V curves or a time course plot while the experiment is in progress. Up to 8 analysis graphs can be shown, each derived from 16 possible measurements from the input signals.
Analyses include mean, slope, rise time, frequency of threshold crossing, etc. This facilitates making decisions about the further course of an experiment.
In addition to real time analysis, reanalysis after the experiment allows performing the most sophisticated analysis procedures. SutterPatch adds application-specific capabilities on top of the expansive analysis feature set that is native to Igor Pro 7. Equations and Variables facilitate the use of more complex algorithms in both Routines and Paradigms.
- Scope Window provides intuitive, efficient navigation through your data
- Zoom control buttons and sliders
- Drag along axis to zoom in
- Scroll bars
- Mouse wheel control (native Igor Pro
- Marquee zoom (native Igor Pro functionality)
- Sweep, time course and concatenated display
- Novel 3D display
- Unique Overview Navigator for panoramic examination of and convenient movement within a data section
- Paradigm Review window gives quick access to individual Routine Data
- Routines control data acquisition with or without application of command waveforms
- Sample Routine Pool with pre-configured Paradigms for many common applications
- Hard-wired signals from Sutter Instrument hardware and auxiliary input signals are recorded
- The command signal as applied to the cell is monitored and recorded
- Analog and digital output signals control periphery and third-party information
- Up to 50 Segments per Sweep for utmost flexibility in shaping command waveforms
- Preconfigured Segment shapes, such as Sine, Square and Chirp, for easy waveform design
- Waveform Template enables “playback” of a recorded signal to a cell.
- Measurements provide the basis for real-time analysis and enable decision making in the course of the experiment
- Paradigms enable process automation and eliminate operator bias
- Sample Paradigm Pool with pre-configured Paradigms for many common applications
- Configure the amplifier to reproducible standard settings
- Acquisition of Routine sequences enables pre-planned experimentation and minimizes operator bias.
- Flow control for interactive or automated decision making during the experiment
- Chaining Paradigms provides added flexibility
- Automatic creation of Layouts for standardized documentation
- Data Navigator displays the entire experiment in a tree structure
- Preview of the first acquired signal
- Quick access to Paradigm Review, Reanalysis Scope, Metadata and Routine information
- Real-time and off-line analysis
- Measurements configured as part of Routines create real-time graphs
- Paradigms can access measurements for further real-time analysis
- Equations and variables provide utmost flexibility
- Event detection using a performant, deconvolution-based algorithm
- Easily exports data to Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet programs for compatibility with existing analysis procedures
- A wealth of native Igor Pro 7 analysis features