The novel Sievers Eclipse BET platform reduces endotoxin assay setup time by as much as 85% and decreases the use of Limulus Amebocyte Lysate (LAL) reagent by up to 90%. At the same time, it fulfills all the harmonized pharmacopoeia requirements: JP 4.01, EP 2.6.14 and USP <85>.
Using innovative automted technology, the Eclipse platform streamlines LAL assay setup, decreases operator-to-operator variability and considerably reduces pipetting steps. With the Sievers Eclipse, it is finally easy and simple to run fully compliant BET assays without complex setup or robotics.
The Eclipse platform exploits embedded endotoxin and accurate microfluidic liquid handling to automate kinetic chromogenic assays. Users can maintain a throughput of 21 samples for each plate without the complexity of robotics, or without the time and technique demands of a standard 96-well plate assay.
Compliant, Consistent, Conscious Bacterial Endotoxins Testing
The Sievers Eclipse platform achieves accuracy and automation in BET assays without compromising on reaction biochemistry, compliance, or laboratory footprint. The patented Sievers Eclipse uses positive product controls (PPCs) with less than 30 pipetting steps and embedded endotoxin standards to deliver automation without the cost and complexity of robotics.
Features and Benefits of Eclipse Platform
- Decreases the use of Limulus Amebocyte Lysate (LAL) reagent by up to 90%
- Allows fully compliant, 21-sample assay setup in just 9 minutes
- Offers segments for standard curves, PPCs and samples
- Built-in endotoxin for PPCs and a standard curve
- Fulfills all the harmonized pharmacopoeia requirements: JP 4.01, USP <85> and EP 2.6.14
- Sensitivity as low as 0.005 EU/mL
- Regulates reaction temperature within 37 +/−1°C through an incubating absorbance analyzer
- Employs commercially available, FDA-licensed LAL
- Reduces the requirement for comprehensive operator training
- Enterprise software solution conforms to 21 CFR Part 11 and Data Integrity guidelines
- Decreases the threat of repetitive stress injury
- Boosts daily sample throughput