The iDESIGN® System uses proven wavefront acquisition and advanced Fourier algorithms to help create an individualized treatment plan for each and every patient. With its five-measurement capture sequence and high-definition sensor, the iDESIGN® System is the guiding force behind the iLASIK® Technology Suite.
Capture in High Definition
The iDESIGN® System utilizes a high-definition Hartmann-Shack Wavefront sensor, capturing images of outstanding quality.
- 5x the resolution and 3x the dynamic range of the previous WaveScan WaveFront® System
- 25x more precise than traditional glasses or contacts measurements
- Measures up to 1,257 micro-refractions over a 7.0 mm pupil
- Captures more ocular aberrations unique to every patient’s eye
Experience Physician Ease of Use
The iDESIGN® System can help save time during the procedure, capturing five different measurements in a single capture sequence:
- Wavefront aberrometry
- Wavefront refraction
- Corneal topography
With the convenience of an easy-to-use interface featuring alignment aids,
on-screen tools and seamless integration with the STAR S4 IR® Excimer Laser, the iDESIGN® System helps ensure an efficient workflow from start to finish.
Deliver Excellent Patient Quality of Vision
In a single clinical myopia study evaluating patient visual function six months after surgery with the iDESIGN® System and STAR S4 IR® Excimer Laser patients reported significant improvements in all measures of quality of vision and visual function, without retreatment:
- 99% stated they were not limited in active sports or outdoor activities
- 99% experienced little to no difficulty with clarity of vision
- 97% were satisfied with their vision
- 93% stated they had little to no difficulty driving at night
- A majority of study participants achieved 20/16 or better visual acuity
Treat a Broad Range of Patients
The iDESIGN® System is primed to help you treat a wider spectrum of patients compared to the previous WaveScan WaveFront® System.
- Treats high levels of astigmatism, up to -5.0 diopters
- Captures a wide range of pupil sizes, from 4.0 to 9.5 mm
- Allows measurement and treatment planning for patients as young as 18 years old
- Measures and treats patients with myopia up to -11.0 diopters, and mixed astigmatism +1.0 diopters to +5.0 diopters