The Accent MRI pacemaker, with the Tendril MRI lead, is an MRI conditional system, offering safe performance of a full-body MRI scan on the patient using a 1.5 T (Tesla) field-strength MRI scanner. An optional, easy-to-use hand-held unit (SJM MRI Activator™ device) can be applied to enable and disable pre-programmed MRI settings, which is designed to simplify workflow and increase clinic efficiency. The Accent MRI pacemaker is the first MRI conditional pacemaker to offer the option of wireless telemetry for streamlined patient management.
The state-of-the-art device features:
- InvisiLink™ Wireless Telemetry or inductive remote follow-up utilising a wand, in conjunction with the [email protected]™ transmitter and Merlin.net™ Patient Care Network (PCN), allows for daily remote monitoring and follow-up.
- AT/AF Alerts can be programmed to notify patients and/or their clinics when a programmed AT/AF threshold or continuous episode duration has been exceeded, or when a high ventricular rate accompanies the AT/AF episode.
- A suite of features—complete automaticity (atrial and ventricular), Ventricular Intrinsic Preference (VIP™) technology, QuickOpt™ timing cycle optimisation, the AF Suppression™ algorithm and SenseAbility™ technology—is designed to deliver optimal therapy for patients at implant and throughout their lives.
- Industry-leading longevity offers 9, 1 years of service life, which is supported by a 7-year warranty.
The Accent MRI™ pacemaker has been designed and tested for safe performance of a full-body MRI scan, without zone restrictions, using a 1,5 T (Tesla) field-strength MRI scanner. The MRI conditional device:
- Allows a maximum whole body averaged specific absorption rate (SAR) of 4 watts per kilogram (W/kg) for high image resolution.
- Must be used in conjunction with an MRI lead from St. Jude Medical.