Don't worry about meeting the regulations in 10 CFR Part 35.315 (200 dpm requirements for unrestricted areas and iodine contamination). Capintec's CAPRAC-t® Wipe-Test Counter handles all of them.
Measure for measure, no other well counter offers the speed, accuracy and complete range of built-in features provided by the compact CAPRAC-t®. It performs a wipe test in just 6 seconds (for 1 nCi) and detects extremely low levels of activity with the accuracy only a NaI drilled-well detector can provide.
The CAPRAC-t® can also serve as a single-well gamma counter in departments that do not need multi-sample changers. User-defined protocols, trigger levels, and counting times are a "snap". A 256-channel pulse-height analyzer permits built-in gamma spectroscopy. Definable conversion factors for specific radionuclides allow the CAPRAC-t® to calculate results in cpm, dpm, nCi, cps, dps, or kBq. The CAPRAC-t also displays photon-energy histograms.
The CAPRAC-t® is engineered and built for years of consistent, reliable performance and is Curie or Becquerel selectable. The unit has automatic background subtraction and self-diagnosis programs for systems testing with optimized signal-to-noise ratio. It includes a lead outer shield (1.3 cm thick) with optional auxiliary shield available.
- 8” SVGA touch screen color display
- 256 channel MCA with detailed spectrum for identification analysis
- NaI drilled-well crystal detector
- Automatic Energy Calibration, Constancy Check, and Background Subtraction
- Automated well QC including chi-square and MDA
- Manual and Automatic ROI
- Sets user definable protocols for wipes
- Print outs of all data for permanent records with the optional printer
- Direct readouts with spectrum display are in cpm, dpm, Curies and Bequerels
- Meets all state and NRC wipe test requirements
- USB and RS232 communication ports for PC and printer
- Compatible with nuclear medicine information management systems via USB
- Lab tests include Schilling, Plasma and RBC volume
- Built-in database for test and wipe results as well as QC