ZEISS EVO series combines high definition Scanning Electron Microscopy with high throughput automated workflow.
Experience excellence in extended pressure mode imaging, thanks to the latest detector technology. Dramatic improvements in signal yield and contrast ratio herald a step change in imaging efficiency, allowing you to observe nano scale interactions of life science samples at different temperatures, pressures and humidity.
Discover substantial improvements in productivity through the 4-step workflow. Simplify routine imaging tasks and benefit from powerful automated features that deliver fast time to image and a reduction of training overhead, especially in a multi-user environment.
EVO is the most flexible high definition imaging and analysis tool delivering fast, accurate, repeatable results across all samples.
High Definition In All Vacuum Modes
- Benefit from the latest detector technology to extract even more detail in high vacuum (HV), variable pressure (VP) and extended pressure (EP) modes.
- Obtain crisp, sharp topographical details with the new secondary electron (SE) detector that delivers up to 50% more signal.
- New VP and EP imaging detectors provide improved signal at higher pressures to visualize the finest surface details.
Intelligent Imaging – High Throughput
- EVO delivers highest productivity in manufacturing and quality control.
- Reduce 400 manual steps to only 15, imaging four points of interest on nine specimens at three different magnifications.
- Automated Intelligent Imaging provides free-form regions of interest (ROIs) for unattended automated image acquisition.
- SmartBrowse collects and presents your data as an interactive map to help you completely understand your sample.
As Flexible As It Is Easy To Use
- Future-assured upgrade path ensures EVO can meet the challenge of rapidly growing application requirements.
- A choice of chamber size and electron source ensures EVO can be perfectly configured for demanding imaging, EDS, WDS and EBSD applications.
- Robust stage options provide the perfect platform for imaging large, heavy automotive and aerospace components.
- Upgrade to a full environmental SEM to enable complete control over your sample for dynamic high pressure or water vapor experiments.
With EVO LS you profit from three chamber sizes and a wide range of detectors and software options.
EVO LS 10 is the SEM of choice for many life science samples.
EVO LS 10 includes:
- Stage movement of 80x100x35 mm (X,Y,Z)
- Maximum specimen height of 100 mm
EVO LS 15 is your analytical SEM of choice for a broader range of sample weights and dimensions.
EVO LS 15 includes:
- Stage movement of 125x125x50 mm (X,Y,Z)
- Maximum specimen height of 145 mm
- Flexible chamber for addtional ports
EVO LS 25 is the SEM of choice for large and heavy hydrated samples.
EVO LS 25 includes:
- BeamSleeve option for stage movement of 130x130x60mm or
- 130x130x80mm (X,Y,Z)
- Maximum specimen height of 210 mm, weight of 5 kg and
- diameter of 300 mm
- 4 quadrant and 5 segment backscatter imaging
- Support for two chamberscopes
- Achieve the best imaging performance in variable pressure mode with advanced detector technology
- EVO’s Cascade Current Detector (C2D) with its high sensitivity detector electronics ensures you acquire outstanding, low-noise images even in the most demanding VP applications.
- The Extended Range Cascade Current Detector (C2DX), unique to the EVO Series, is designed to provide superb imaging performance at the highest pressures up to 3000 Pa.
- EVO detector technology sets the standard for Variable Pressure and Environmental Scanning Electron Microscopy
Use the flexibility and analytical imaging of your EVO for a wide range of applications including:
- Morphology: study form and structure of plants
- Phytopathology: study plant diseases caused by environmental conditions or pathogens, such as fungi, bacteria, nematodes and parasitic plants
- Micromorphological analysis: combine the study of structure with microanalysis of content; understand the distribution of molecules and compounds within the plant and plant seed
- Textile studies: use of crops for textile production to be a driver for efforts to maximize yield and manipulate microstructure for mechanical benefit
- Describe new species and understand the evolutionary history of organisms
- Examine unprepared soft tissue in full environmental mode, hexamethyldisilazane (HMDS) dehydrated or critically-point dried (CPD) soft tissue specimens
- Image hard specimens, such as the shells of molluscs, crustaceans, insect and turtle shells and animal bones
- Examine museum reference collections
- Reveal and visualize structures in life sciences
- Use a range of techniques from simple morphological studies on critical point dried and coated materials, examinations of fully hydrated biological tissues in Cryo or Environmental mode, to scanning transmission electron microscopy (STEM)