The FLEX STAR has been developed as a cost-effective solution for fully automated genomic DNA extraction and isolation from large volumes of whole blood. Combining AutoGen’s robust and reliable instrumentation and Qiagen’s proven FlexiGene chemistry, the FLEX STAR extracts DNA from 1.0 – 10.0 mls of whole blood. The FLEX STAR is completely automated and easy to use with no manual intervention required. Isolate up to 30 whole blood samples per run and produce consistently high quality and high yield genomic DNA, ready for your next application or long-term storage by biorepositories. Also available for the FLEX STAR is a sample tracking and reporting package utilizing bar code identification of samples. The system can also be used to isolate DNA from tissue samples, cells and Oragene DNA collected saliva samples.
- Completely automated walk away genomic DNA extraction system.
- Transfer blood samples to the FLEX STAR’s unique tube units, load them onto the system, start the protocol and walk away. The FLEX STAR completes the entire isolation including the demanding resuspension of genomic DNA with no intervention.
- Process up to 30 samples in one batch, 90 per day.
- No need to return to the system after each batch of 16 samples are processed to start another run.
- Internal bar code scanning for positive sample tracking.
- Bar code identification tracks each sample through the entire isolation process. The software provides a report that documents the position of each sample and all conditions and parameters of each run. An interface to LIMS system allows for downloading reports to your data base.
- High yields of consistently high quality genomic DNA.
- The combination of reliable instrumentation and a proven chemistry produces DNA that retains its purity after many years of storage. The DNA solution is ready to be used directly in your next application.
Additional Equipment Benefits
Additional Benefits of the FLEX STAR include:
- Compact footprint (preserves valuable lab space).
- Totally automated process (increases lab productivity by eliminating tedious manual extractions).
- A robust system with proven reliability (minimizes equipment down time and increases throughput).
- Economical acquisition and service Agreements prices (about half the price of competitive models).
- AutoGen’s superior service and support (gives you peace of mind).
Description of Instrument or system modules
The dependable design of the FLEX STAR includes:
- Built-in centrifuge.
- 7 independent motor driven syringes for liquid delivery.
- XYZ robot for workstation access.
- On-board mixing module.
- On-board heating module.
Description of User Interface or Software
The FLEX STAR software includes:
- LCD touch screen for operator interface.
- User friendly easy to operate.
- Ability to modify parameters and store as new protocols.
- Ability to monitor the progress of the protocol.
- Restart function allows error correction and continuation of a run.
- Optional sample tracking and reporting package.