The GENE PREP is the latest fully automated genomic DNA extraction, purification and preparation system from AutoGen. The system uses our proven solution phase extraction chemistry for high throughput extraction at a low cost per prep. The GENE PREP offers an option tube stacker for unattended processing of up to 192 samples. The built-in centrifuge processes 48 samples per batch in 2 hours consistently and reliably. The GENE PREP has protocols for DNA purification and extraction from tissues, cells, plants and plasmid preps.
- Automates entire DNA preparation and extraction process including on board digestion.
- Capable of extraction from multiple sample types.
- Low cost per prep using AutoGen’s reliable solution phase extraction chemistry.
- Higher throughput based on new design which shortens processing time.
- Produces high quality and high yields of DNA.
- Optional tube stacker allows for unattended processing of up to 192 samples.
- Expandable modular design grows with your requirements.
Additional Benefits of the GENE PREP include:
- Unattended operation (saves labor and time).
- 48 samples in 2 hours (faster time to result).
- Direct application of extracted nucleic acid to your next procedure (saves labor and time).
- High quality and yield (eliminates failed experiments).
- Low cost per prep (saves money).
- AutoGen’s superior service and support (gives you peace of mind).
Description of Instrument or system modules
The proven reliable design of the GENE PREP includes:
- Built-in 6 position centrifuge.
- On board infrared ceramic heater.
- XYZ robots for workstation access.
- 6 on board independently driven syringes for liquid delivery.
- Option to add up to 9 more syringes for liquid delivery.
- Optional tube stacker to process up to 192 samples unattended.
Description of User Interface or Software
The GENE PREP software includes:
- LCD touch screen for operator interface.
- User friendly easy to operate.
- Ability to modify parameters and store as new protocols.
- Ability to monitor the progress of the protocol.
- Restart function allows error correction and continuation of a run.