The LyoAlfa laboratory freeze dryers are particularly suitable for research centres requiring greater freeze drying capacity. This freeze dryer comes as a console and is mounted on casters which makes it easy to install. The unit is very flexible, allowing for the simultaneous freeze drying of bottles, vials or bulk products through the connection of different manifold systems or a chamber.
The LyoAlfa laboratory freeze dryer comes in 2 configurations:
LyoAlfa 6 -50, with a final condenser temperature of -50 ºC.
LyoAlfa 6 -80, with a final condenser temperature of -80 ºC. This enables a higher freeze drying speed and is much more suitable for working with biological samples or products with very low eutectic or collapse points.
The unit comes with a two-stage vacuum pump located inside the console.
All the critical parts are made out of AISI 316L stainless steel.
The easy-to-use control system, can display the condenser temperature and the vacuum level at all times, as well as enabling adjustment of the shelf temperature when coupled to a drying chamber.
The LyoAlfa can be supplemented with a wide range of accessories such as the heated vial closing chamber, heated bulk product chamber, 8 or 16 connection manifold, auxiliary chamber for direct connection to the manifold, etc.
- Compact console design with casters in order to make it easy to install.
- PLC controlled equipment: automatic pressure control and shelves temperature programming.
- Touch screen that displays system operation parameters and alarm messages. Very wide and useful information and setting selection is provided.
- Monitoring software LyoLogger to connect unit to PC: standard unit including RS232 port.
- Unit allows fully automatic or semiautomatic process. Auto-start up and automatic switch off routines are included.
- Two choices of temperature: -55°C and -85°C.
- Pressure control: automatic control of vacuum for faster freeze drying and reproducible results.
- Isolation valve between chamber and condenser, very useful to test freeze-drying end point by controlling the pressure raising in the chamber.
- Side mounted vacuum and drain connections with valves.
- Upright AISI 316L condenser with total capacity up to 22 kg.
- Automatic defrosting function. Condenser design allows easy and quick cleaning and defrosting.
- Wide range of accessories and options to accommodate to every freeze drying application.
- Galenic formulation
- Freeze drying experimentation
- Aliquot preservation
- Other research
- Underwater archaeology
- Experimental food
- Haut cuisine