Specifically designed for the pharmaceutical and food industries, the Parsum IPP80 is an intrinsically safe probe delivering real-time particle size and particle velocity measurements for solid particles in the range from 50µm up to 6mm in size. Its simple, dustproof and waterproof probe design enables direct monitoring of fluidized bed and high shear mixing and granulation processes.
The Parsum IPP 80 is used in food and pharmaceutical applications for endpoint detection in batch granulation process, and for real time monitoring of continuous manufacturing processes. It is applied in unit operations such as grinding, agglomeration, granulation, coating and sieving.
- Compact, lightweight and easy to install for rapid integration into new and existing processing plants
- Characterizes particles in the range from 50 µm to 6mm, travelling at up to 50 m/s
- Reproducible measurement at high solids loadings enabling real time fluidized bed monitoring
- Real-time measurement and feedback via comprehensive, customizable software
- Measurements can be carried out without the need for sample extraction
- A range of accessories enables measurements to be made for abrasive, sticky and cohesive particles
- Complies with ATEX requirements for operation within Zones 0 and 20.