Solutions for automated DNA purification, automated RNA purification, and automated PCR setup are becoming more commonplace in modern labs as these workstations provide high levels of accuracy, precision and throughput required in many of today’s labs. Laboratories are facing increasing demands on their resources through an increasingly large number of samples per trial. Large sample numbers tie up staff for extended periods of time and lead to inconsistent results due to the inherent inconsistencies of manual techniques as workers struggle to keep up. In addition, technicians are frequently exposed to harmful reagents or organisms during nucleic acid purification increasing the chances of injury or infection. With such drawbacks against manual nucleic acid extraction methods, a growing number of labs are switching from manual to automated extraction solutions to overcome bottlenecks in extraction processes.
- Complete walk away solution frees up time for lab staff
- Speeds up workflow to get results sooner
- Open system allows leverage of inexpensive 3rd party reagents
- High precision reduces sample variability and increases reproducibility
- Low dead volume reduces costs associated with reagent waste
- Efficient magnetic separations maximize sample recovery
- HEPA enclosure protects sensitive samples from outside contamination
- Decreases contact with lab staff reducing the chance for iatrogenic infection
- Flexibility to perform other associated tasks such as normalization, plate reformatting, etc.