Heating mantles are preferred to Bunsen burners or hot plates for organic liquids. They provide even heating (no hot spots) and maximum surface coverage for better temperature uniformity.
Glas-Col's combination mantles have always been the mantles of choice for repetitive extracting, refluxing, and distilling procedures in labs of food, textile fiber, water and waste-water, petroleum, and many other industries. Glas-Col's latest version offers safety and convenience never before available in a multi-place heating mantle.
- Lower profile for space-saving convenience
- Revolutionary heating element container system makes replacing burned-out elements a simple, five minute task
- Element containers act as spill containment chambers to capture chemicals from spillage or boil-over
- Clear anodized aluminum cabinet with black PTFE resin coated top for chemical resistance
- Offered in two space-saving configurations; six-place for 100-300 ml flasks and three-place for 500-1,000 ml flasks
- Available in low-temperature (400°C RX version) and high- temperature (600°C RJ version) for greater versatility
Two Series RL control choices are available: percentage timer or proportional voltage. The percentage-timer version pulses full-line voltage to each heating position according to the dial setting. The proportional-voltage version supplies a constant, steady-state voltage to each position. The six-place controls are actually two units that can be mounted together or separately. The cord-connected controls allow placement at a convenient location for the operator.