Glas-Col's hand-held pneumatic egg punch produces a clean, circular fracture in embryonated chicken eggs. The lab technician holds the egg punch in one hand and centers the bottom of the punch over the end of the egg. As the trigger button is pushed and released, the knife makes a 1" diameter cut, and the circular cap of the egg is ready to be lifted off. The lower air sac membrane is exposed, intact and readily accessible. Because the unit is hand-held, it can be used at any convenient height. Each unit includes brass fittings and six feet of tubing to connect to a compressed air source.
The egg punch may be sterilized by suitable disinfectants or by heating in dry air. It should not be totally immersed in liquids.
- Construction: all stainless steel with black foam grip
- Knife diameter: 1"
- Overall diameter: 1 1/8"
- PSI range: 50-100
- knife of egg punch is adjusted and tested here so that the membrane of the egg stays intact
- blade can be cleaned with 10% bleach solution
- can be sterilized using any standard brand of disinfectant
- blade is made of 416 grade heat treat hardened stainless steel
- foam grip on egg punch housing should not be exposed to temps above 150 degrees F
- egg punch housing is made of 304 grade stainless steel
- Life cycle is approximately 1,000,000 punches per unit