Multichannel pipettes increase throughput in today’s laboratories. However, prolonged manual pipetting takes up precious time and can lead to repetitive strain injuries. In addition, ever-decreasing sample sizes have made it increasingly difficult to pipette without errors.
INTEGRA has developed the ASSIST PLUS pipetting robot to streamline routine pipetting tasks at an affordable price. Using INTEGRA electronic multichannel pipettes, the system automates pipetting tasks, eliminates physical strain and ensures superior reproducibility and error free pipetting.
How it Works
Simply mount an INTEGRA VIAFLO or VOYAGER electronic pipette onto the ASSIST PLUS pipette holder, choose a pipetting protocol, add a tip rack and your labware. Press RUN and ASSIST PLUS will automatically carry out the pipetting task.
- Pipette adapter: accommodates all INTEGRA mulitchannel pipettes - with fixed and adjustable tip spacing.
- User Interface: program setup and selection is done using the pipette’s intuitive user interface.
- Deck: three work positions are available to accommodate reagent reservoirs, tube racks and plates.
- and 5. Automatic tip change: two dedicated postions for automatic tip loading and tip ejection.
- optimal tip immersion depths
- consistent pipetting angle
- controlled pipetting speeds
- precise tip positioning in wells
- no pipetting mistakes are made
- strict adherence to pipetting programs
This leads to superior pipetting results and work flow consistency, while also eliminating human errors such as skipping rows.
Smart Pipette Adapter
The pipette adapter of ASSIST PLUS allows the use of all VIAFLO and VOYAGER multichannel pipettes. Pipettes range from 4 to 16 channels and cover a volume range of 0.5 to 1250 μl to allow optimal adaptation to many different applications.
ASSIST PLUS can accommodate numerous labware types, from tubes to 384-well plates in landscape or portrait orientation. INTEGRA multichannel reservoirs, which are available in 10, 25 and 100 ml sizes offer exceptionally low dead volumes. For larger storage volumes, INTEGRA’s automation-friendly reservoirs can be used.