The Dimension FastScan Bio™ Atomic Force Microscope (AFM) breaks longstanding barriers to provide routine high-resolution research of biological dynamics, with temporal resolution up to 3 frames per second for live sample observations. Furthermore, it does this while making the AFM easier to use than ever before.
These breakthroughs allow many more researchers to observe and study the mechanisms biomolecular machines utilize to perform their biological functions. FastScan Bio’s high-resolution and high-speed scanning provide the best available bio tool for the observation of molecules, proteins, DNA, RNA, living cell membranes and tissues, and many other dynamics studies.
Greatest Productivity Seen on Any AFM
- FastScan Bio enables high-speed scanning, in conjunction with a seamless user interface for panning, zooming and continuous tracking of samples in fluid to render faster results
- A single-scan speed slider facilitates immediate access to scan rate control without the complexity of multiparametric adjustment
- On-board data and image manipulation tools present final data as high-resolution AFM images or experiment session movies
Immediate Path to Data Collection on Live Samples
- Smart Engage algorithms take ambiguity out of the experiment process and provide flexibility for commercially available or custom-made probes
- User interface controls automate laser and detector alignment with a comprehensive workflow for faster time to data
- Quick sample engaging and immediate imaging are routine
More Options to Optimize Biological AFM Experiments
- Innovative FastScan AFM technology enables high-speed scanning and a seamless user interface to render immediate panning, zooming and continuous tracking of samples in fluid
- FastScan Bio AFM allows direct visualization of biomolecules with an unprecedented combination of spatial and time resolution