The Foresee PHP Preferential Hyperacuity Perimeter provides an unsurpassed level of sensitivity and specificity in detecting recent onset Choroidal Neovascularization (CNV) and differentiating it from the intermediate (dry) state of AMD. The visual field analyzer monitors macular function by measuring relative photoreceptor field location and utilizing the phenomenon of hyperacuity, the ability to detect the misalignment of an object's location relative to the other objects in space.
By combining the patient interactive software with the innovative algorithm, PHP technology can identify CNV lesions when they are small and when visual symptoms are still unnoticed. Early detection remains the vital precursor to preserving vision and maximizing treatment outcomes. The earlier the detection, the earlier the treatment, and better the visual outcome.
Features and Benefits:
- Full macular testing of central 14 degrees, automated analysis, and visual field mapping.
- Easy to interpret results with the only normative database available for AMD patients.
- Higher specificity and sensitivity than current methods for detecting early.
- Diagnostic capabilities based on the hyperacuity (Vernier) phenomenon.
- Fast, easy and intuitive testing for patients and technicians.