Helping detect gastrointestinal disorders, the GastroCH4ECK® is the newest member of the Gastrolyzer® family. It is a portable breath analysis monitor that measures accurate and real-time combined CH4, H2 and O2. This monitor is intended for multi-patient use by healthcare professionals in a clinical environment.
Why is it important?
The monitor provides accurate and real-time combined CH4, H2 and O2 monitoring.
The GastroCH4ECK® is a portable breath CH4, H2 and O2 monitor that helps health professionals to accurately detect a range of gastrointestinal disorders. An O2 reading is taken to motivate patients into providing an end-tidal sample. If they are unable to do this the GastroCH4ECK® will automatically correct the reading saving the patient from embarrassment and having to carry out another test.
A percentage of patients do not produce hydrogen and therefore would not be diagnosed by the use of hydrogen breath testing (HBT) alone. Therefore the role of methane is to ensure that patients who are non-hydrogen producers, but produce methane instead, are not miss-diagnosed.
Most monitors measure hydrogen alone, which identifies less than 50% of sufferers. Methane is detected in 30%-50% of the healthy adult population worldwide.
The GastroCH4ECK® can be used to help detect the following disorders:
- Lactose intolerance
- Fructose intolerance
- Glucose intolerance
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
Benefits for the user
- The monitor provides hydrogen and methane breath sampling with instant results.
- The breath bag sampling options allows for simultaneous testing of larger groups or remote testing for patients who cannot provide samples directly in person.
- The monitor only requires calibration once per month, saving precious time and calibration gas costs.
- The monitor has a fast warm up time of less than 30 minutes.
- The monitor provides O2 correction for accurate results.
- There is a real-time traffic light dial and smiley face system to motivate patients and indicate how the test is going.
- The consumables contain anti-bacterial filters for optimum infection control.
||CH4 0-200 pm; H2 0-200 ppm; O2 14-23%
||230 V/100 V, 50 Hz-60 Hz, 0.5-1.0 A
||T 3.15 AH
||Every 4 weeks
||Full colour touchscreen
||Electrochemical sensor (H2 & O2); Infrared (CH4)
||Resolution: 1 ppm; Accuracy: ±10% of reading; Repeatability: <5% difference on consecutive readings
||Resolution: 1ppm; Accuracy: ±10% of reading; Repeatability: <5% difference on consecutive readings
||Resolution: 0.1%; Accuracy: ±2.5% of reading; Repeatability: <5% difference on consecutive readings
|CO cross sensitivity (H2 only)
||Operating: 15-35 °C (59-95 °F); Storage: 0-40 °C (32-104 °F)
||Operating: 900-1100 mbar; Storage: 800-1200 mbar
|Sensor operating life
||CH4 5 years; H2 2 years; O2 2 years
||Approx. 474 x 310 x 167 mm
||Approx. 8 kg
||Class I ME equipment: (externally powered) Type BF applied part; Method of sterilisation (not suitable for sterilisation); Not suitable for use in an oxygen rich environment; Intended for continuous use
||GastroCH4ECK® without sensors: 2 years; CH4, H2 & O2 sensors: 1 year