ri-scope® L retinoscope – a premium, hand-held instrument with renowned optics and reduced reflection, available with Xenon illumination and a wide range of power supply options. Errors of refraction, such as short and long-sightedness, as well as astigmatism can be recognized and determined.
Two models are available:
- The spot-light retinoscope projects a circular light beam.
- The slit-light retinoscope with a light beam in the form of a line, simplifies recognition and the determination of astigmatic refractive errors. The reflex in the form of a line is moved vertically to the axis across the pupils of the patient with a slight oscillating movement. The shadow moves in the same or opposite direction.
Co-movement (plus lines): The patient is long-sighted.
Counter-movement (minus lines): The patient is short-sighted.
- Simple operation with knurled thumb screw. The line and spot image can be focussed with the operating element and turned 360º, angle can be read off the integrated scale.
- Holder for hanging and fixing the fixation card into position for dynamic retinoscopy.
- Two fixation cards supplied. The patient’s eye can adjust optimally to the distance to the retinoscope.
- Integrated eyeglass protection.
- Bayonet fitting for fast and secure attachment to the handle.
- Dust-tight, very sturdy and light casing made of impact resistant plastic.
- Simple exchange of the lamp at the base of the instrument head.
- Xenon illumination (3.200K)
- excellent colour rendering close to natural daylight conditions for more efficient diagnosis
- Energy efficiency with Li-ion batteries
- 20 hours operational lifecycle with fully charged Li-Ion battery
- Rechargeable battery lifetime: up to 1.200 charging cycles.
- rheotronic– electronic light intensity adjustment
- 100% light output after short switch activation
- Continuously variable light adjustment
- Automatic safety shut-down after 180 seconds
- Battery handles with bayonet fitting for AA, C and D size alkaline batteries
- Rechargeable handles for desk-top charger ri-charger L (for 2 handles) and plug-in charger (for 1 handle)
- 2 year warranty