For lab researchers and systems integrators/OEMs, the SmartTrak 50 is a true digital MFC and shares the same accuracy and repeatability as the flagship SmartTrak 100 with a few less features, slightly larger footprint, but more economical price.
SmartTrak 50 is designed to deliver smooth, stable, accurate, and repeatable gas mass flow control you can rely on, every time. Unaffected by upstream gas temperature and pressure fluctuations, gas mass flow control is direct and unequivocal.
Quality Calibration: SmartTrak’s NIST traceable accuracy is backed by our ten point, primary standard calibration over the entire flow range. SmartTrak has a strong and flexible control valve with accessible PID valve tuning to assure best speed and reliability. Custom valve orifice sizing yields full-range stability. If you need something special, Sierra customizes often free of charge.
DIY Calibration: If you prefer to calibrate your own mass flow meters and controllers in-house, Sierra provides all necessary software and training and even the flow calibration standards required for the job.
Software: Free user software is provided with every unit.
Special Pricing: We work with you to meet budget requirements and cost targets. Ask about OEM volume discounts.
The Thermal Advantage: Thermal mass flow technology is an industry standard for mass flow control of gases because it measures flow directly, at the molecular level. In essence, counting and controlling every gas molecule flowing through the instrument to achieve unmatched precision. Unaffected by upstream gas temperature and pressure fluctuations, gas mass flow control is direct and unequivocal.
Achieve unmatched precision: Watch "How It Works" Video.
Accuracy and application flexibility result from:
- Thermal mass flow technology provides direct mass flow
- A patented, inherently linear Laminar Flow Element (LFE) design
- Advanced platinum-wound capillary sensor technology
- Proprietary frictionless, hovering control valve
Rule-of-Four Calibration: The ONLY Guarantee of Accuracy!
At Sierra, we have a saying: “Instrument accuracy is only as good as its calibration.”
Sierra is one of few manufacturers today that perform a detailed 10-point calibration across the entire mass flow range. We strictly adhere to using primary standards and the NIST “rule of four”. This means our gas flow primary standards are required to be four times more accurate than the device under test.
This “rule of four” is Sierra’s calibration bedrock and absolutely essential for the quality you demand. When researching your next MFC, ask about calibration.
- OEM pricing with digital high-performance
- Small footprint at 50 slpm ideal for OEMs
- 10-point NIST calibration on primary standards
- Large display to view flow information easily
- Choice of aluminum or 316 stainless-steel construction
- Ideal for OEM, industry and research
- Patented, inherently linear Laminar Flow Element (LFE) design, advanced, platinum-wound capillary sensor
- Mass flow rate up to 200 slpm (nlpm); higher upon request
- Choice of aluminum or stainless-steel construction
- Compact size makes drop-in replacement easy
- Local display and digital setpoint control
- Optional analog setpoint/output signals
- Field adjustable zero and span
- Primary Standard calibration & NIST traceability
- Proprietary frictionless-hovering, direct-acting control/shut-off valve
- Precision digital PID valve control; no valve tuning or adjustment
- Free user software
- RS-485 (addressable)
- I/O DB9 comm ports on each side of enclosure for installation flexibility
- Control functions also available from PC via RS-232
- Source code for RS-232 communication provided
- All clean gases, including toxics and corrosives
- Accuracy of +/- 1% of full scale
- Repeatability of +/- 0.25% of full scale
- Flow ranges from 0 to 10 sccm to 0-200 slpm (nlpm)
- Higher and lower flow ranges available
- Pressure up to 145 psig (10 barg)
- Gas/ambient temperature 32° to 122 °F (0° to 50 °C)
- Response time: 300ms time constant: 2 seconds (typical) to within ± 2% of final value (includes settling time), faster or slower available upon request
- 24 VDC input power
- Viton® seals (other elastomers available)
- 316 stainless-steel or aluminum construction
- Analog or digital signals included: RS-232, RS-485 (Multi-drop), 4-20 mA; 0-5 VDC
- CE approved
SmartTrak® Mass Flow Controllers: Master of All Flows!