As today's science and engineering focuses more and more on micro technology, the requirement to be able to measure and control extremely low gas mass flow rates has become very important.
With advanced sensor technology and a special valve orifice design, MicroTrak accurately measures and controls mass flow rates previously thought by scientists to be far too low for repeatable readings. Choose the MicroTrak today for the most accurate measurement of extremely low-flow gases.
For lab researchers and systems integrators/OEMs, the MicroTrak thermal mass flow controller is a true multi-gas digital MFC designed to deliver smooth, stable, accurate, and repeatable gas mass flow control. Unaffected by upstream gas temperature and pressure fluctuations, gas mass flow control is direct and unequivocal.
Quality Calibration: MicroTrak's NIST traceable accuracy is backed by our ten point, primary standard calibration over the entire flow range. MicroTrak has a strong and flexible control valve with accessible PID valve tuning to assure best speed and reliability. Custom valve orifice sizing yields full-range stability. If you need something special, Sierra customizes often free of charge.
Achieve unmatched precision: Watch "How It Works" Video.
- Specifically designed for flow ranges under 4 sccm (smlm), with a minimum controllable mass flow rate of 0.1 sccm (smlm)
- A Specialized instrument for those who need accurate and reliable micro mass flow control of clean gases, including corrosives and toxics
- Available with an innovative and user-friendly Pilot Module
Pilot Module: With the remote or face mounted pilot module display/interface, view and change every aspect of MicroTrak at any time with the push of a button. Simply choose a gas from the menu and it’s ready to go, without losing any accuracy. You can also adjust engineering units, flow range, and set zero, span and full scale independently for each gas.
DIY Calibration: If you prefer to calibrate your own mass flow meters and controllers in-house, Sierra provides all necessary software and training and even the flow calibration standards required for the job.
Software & Digital Communications: Free user software and a variety of communications protocols like Modbus, Profibus and Foundation Fieldbus, make every SmartTrak easy to integrate into your digital communications network.
Special Pricing: We work with you to meet budget requirements and cost targets. Ask about OEM volume discounts.
The Thermal Advantage: Thermal mass flow technology is an industry standard for mass flow control of gases because it measures flow directly, at the molecular level. In essence, counting and controlling every gas molecule flowing through the instrument to achieve unmatched precision.
Accuracy and application flexibility result from:
- Thermal mass flow technology provides direct mass flow
- A patented, inherently linear Laminar Flow Element (LFE) design
- Advanced platinum-wound capillary sensor technology
- Proprietary frictionless, hovering control valve
Achieve unmatched precision: Watch "How It Works" Video.
Rule-of-Four Calibration: The ONLY Guarantee of Accuracy!
At Sierra, we have a saying: “Instrument accuracy is only as good as its calibration.”
Sierra is one of few manufacturers today that perform a detailed 10-point calibration across the entire mass flow range. We strictly adhere to using primary standards and the NIST “rule of four”. This means our gas flow primary standards are required to be four times more accurate than the device under test.
This “rule of four” is Sierra’s calibration bedrock and absolutely essential for the quality you demand. When researching your next MFC, ask about calibration.
- Measure and control flow rates down to 0.1 sccm (smlm)
- Increase efficiency with true, digital high-performance
- Navigate easily with large multifunction display interface
- Make adjustments in the field for time savings
- Configure up to 10 gasses with one instrument
- Ideal for OEM, industry and research
- Full-scale flow ranges under 4sccm (smlm)
- Proprietary valve orifice design for smooth control at ultra-low flows
- User-friendly pilot module display interface is front-mounted, hand-held or remote mounted
- Field adjustment with multifunction pilot module display interface. Change the following:
- Measured gas
- Flow rate
- Engineering units
- Set zero, span and full scale for each gas independently
- Primary Standard Calibration & NIST traceability
- 10 pre-programmed gases come standard; substitute up to 9 more
- Proprietary frictionless-hovering direct-acting control/shut-off valve
- Precision digital PID valve control; no valve tuning or adjustment
- Free user software
- Control functions also available from PC via RS-232
- Source code for RS-232 communication provided
- Compod™ upgrade to run processes without expense of DCS or PLC system
- Enhanced networking capability, including two digital relays, totalization, inputs, and display
- All clean gases including toxics and corrosives
- High accuracy: +/- 0.5% of of full scale available
- Accuracy: +/- 1% of full scale
- Repeatability: +/- 0.2% of full scale
- Flow ranges from 0 to 4 sccm (smlm)
- Higher and lower flow ranges available
- Pressure up to 500 psig (34.5 barg)
- Gas/ambient temp: 32 °F to 122 °F (0 °C to 50 °C)
- Response time: Governed by total volume of installation, contact Sierra for suggestions on optimized installation
- Single-sided 24 VDC power supply
- Seals: Viton®, Neoprene®, Kalrez®
- 316 stainless steel construction
- Analog/digital output signals: RS-232, RS-485 (Multi-drop), 0 to 20, 4 to 20 mA; 0 to 5, 1 to 5, 0 to 10 VDC
- Digital communications: Foundation Fieldbus, Modbus RTU, and Profibus DP
- CE approved