The ToxCO® is a carbon monoxide (CO) breath analyser for diagnosing CO poisoning. An ideal tool for emergency services and first responders, the ToxCO® is an instant and non-invasive way to diagnose CO poisoning.
The ToxCO® is an easy to use, non-invasive breath and ambient air CO monitor, with three sampling modes, enabling breath samples to be taken from patients of any age or consciousness, and the monitoring of ambient levels to alert staff of potentially fatal levels of CO in the air.
Why is it important?
The mouthpiece and facemask sampling modes allow the user to test a patient independent of their consciousness, while the ambient sampling mode will safeguard the user, alerting them if they are entering area with high levels of CO. The ToxCO® reduces unnecessary hospital admissions through its instant diagnosis but also helps to save the lives of your patients and your staff.
Benefits to the user
- The monitor provides instant results shown in exact ppm which makes interpreting patient’s results quick and easy.
- The colour touch screen is quick and easy use, with visual prompts for patients during each test to ensure correct results every time.
- There is automatic calibration and D-piece™ renewal reminders to prolong the life of your monitor, ensure accurate readings and increase infection control.
- The monitor has built in SteriTouch® technology to ensure optimum infection control.
- D-pieces are used in conjunction with the monitor to filter out 99.9% of airborne bacteria and single-use Steribreath™ mouthpieces for excellent, low cost infection control.
- The ToxCO® has storage for up to 100 readings and 10 personal profiles.
- Five-year warranty for absolute peace of mind.
- Concentration Range (CO): 0-54%COHb/0-600ppm
- Display: Full-colour touchscreen
- Detection Principle: Electrochemical sensor
- Repeatability: ≤±5% difference on consecutive readings
- Accuracy: ≤±3ppm/10% - whichever is greater*
- Power: 3 x AA (LR6 or equivalent) - up to 1000 minutes
1 x CR2032 Lithium coil cell
- T90 Response time: < 30 seconds
- Operating temperature: 0-50ºC
- Storage/transport temperature: 0-50°C
- Operating/storage/transport pressure: Atmospheric ±10%
- Operating humidity: 15-90% non-condensing
- Storage/transport humidity: 0-95%
- Expected sensor operating life: 5 years
- Sensor sensitivity: 1ppm
- Sensor drift: <5% per annum
- Dimensions: Approx. 37 x 77 x 140mm
- Weight: Approx. 215g (including batteries)
- Materials: Case: polycarbonate/ABS blend with SteriTouch® anti-microbial additive
D-pieceTM : polypropylene
- H2 Cross Interference: ≤8%
*Readings of >500ppm at temperatures between 0-14ºC can decrease accuracy to ≤±3ppm/15%
Monitor Cleaning Wipes
Free from alcohol, ensuring the continued performance of your monitor. Products containing alcohol cannot be used in any of the ToxCO® range. Pack contains 50 wipes.
Face Mask Sampling System
This sampling system is single patent use and allows the patient to breathe normally through a face mask in order to produce a breath sample. The facemask is available in three different sizes; Infant Face Mask (OC: EC60-IM-V), Medium Face Mask (OC: EC60-MM-V), and Adult Face Mask (OC: EC60-AM-V).
A D-piece™ (OC: D-PIECE-3) is used to attach SteriBreath™ to the monitor. The D-piece™ incorporates a one-way valve and an infection control filter, which are proven to remove and trap >99.9% of airborne bacteria. The D-piece should be changed every four weeks or more often if visibly soiled. An automatic reminder will appear on the screen every 28 days. Pack contains 12 D-pieces.
SteriBreath™ (OC: STERIBREATH-MP) mouthpieces are the most cost-effective and compact mouthpieces. They are individually sealed for optimum infection control. Condensation in the tube confirms an accurate breath sample.