The compact dimensions and flexible application options of the Vario product series make it ideal for OEM installations. It has been designed for the isolation of mid to large scale instruments and customer-specific applications. There are virtually no limits when it comes to the range of uses offered by Vario systems.
The isolation elements come in three different length and load capacity versions. Loads up to 1.500 kg (3,300 lbs) can be supported. The isolation effect of the Vario elements starts right at 1 Hz and, above 10 Hz, attains more than 35 dB (98.2 %). Vario elements are always used in pairs; each matched pair must be operated in parallel alignment. You can also configure 2, 4, 6 or more isolation elements.
A major advantage of Halcyonics active systems is the lack of an interfering natural low-frequency resonance that is generated by passive systems. These have a more or less marked resonant Eigenfrequency, typically in the range from 1 to 5 Hz. As a result passive systems amplify vibrations in this frequency range. Compared with passive systems, Halcyonics active systems deliver excellent vibration isolation characteristics right at exceptionally low frequencies of 1-4 Hz. They actively isolate vibration for all the 6 existing degrees of freedom.
One application example for Vario systems is the combination of isolation elements with optical breadboards, to be used for Laser applications such as interferometers, holographic assemblies and more. Other examples can be found in many different markets: optical profilers in nanotechnology, UHV scanning tunneling microscope chambers for materials research, smaller 3D coordinate measuring machines (CMM) in production-related metrology as well as high-throughput screening technologies in modern biotechnology. In addition, the Vario elements are used with Patch-Clamp setups, Langmuir-Blodgett troughs, Ellipsometers and experiments in the field of MEMS.
- Modular design and flexible to use
- AC power from a standard outlet is sufficient - there is no need for compressed air supply
- Automatic load adjustment and transportation lock for Vario systems
- No natural low frequency resonance; as a result, excellent vibration characteristics also in frequency ranges below 5 Hz
- Active isolation in six degrees of freedom
- Wide range of standard versions and customizations available
- Inherent stiffness is typically 20 - 30 times higher than that of a 1 Hz passive isolator
- External control unit
- Laser set-ups
- Patch-Clamp applications
- UHV scanning tunneling microscopes
- Scanning electron microscopes
- Langmuir-Blodgett troughs
- Optical profilers
- LCD manufacturing
- Disc mastering