The rapid proliferation of precision medicine has prompted an array of promising innovations in histopathology. The synergy between ever more advanced specialist services and emerging digital imaging techniques opens up new opportunities for innovative new companion diagnostics.
Cerba Research’s fully equipped histopathology laboratory is the product of continued investment, time and resources into offering cutting-edge clinical trial services. Thanks to this, the company is able to offer:
- Tissue processing
- Tissue embedding and sectioning
- Tissue cross-reactivity assays
- Companion diagnostic development
- Standard and special stains
- Immunohistochemical staining (IHC)
- Multiplex IHC featuring up to eight biomarkers per slide
- Digital imaging analysis
By working in partnership with Cerba Research’s experts, its clients have the opportunity to access a comprehensive range of technology platforms specifically designed to enhance drug development.
Worldwide pathologist review and the latest AI analysis and digitization techniques allow Cerba Research to consistently meet client specifications.
Immunohistochemistry provides more information per sample
Maximizing the use of valuable samples is key to many studies. By leveraging the power of biomarker information, the usefulness of samples is extended by measuring up to eight biomarkers on a single slide.
Using this technique, it is possible to identify disease subtypes, validate targets, select the ideal patients and characterize the efficacy and response of therapies via comprehensive immunohistochemical testing.
Adding value to every study, Cerba Research consistently delivers:
- A fully integrated workflow incorporating:
- An international network of expert pathologists
- Digital pathology, delivered via automated acquisition
- Precise determination of the area of interest
- Innovative software image analysis enabling:
- Effective biomarker quantification
- Co-expression of biomarkers
- Tissue type segmentation, supported by advanced trainable algorithms
- Multispectral scanning and imaging solutions delivering information from:
- FFPE tissue
- Tissue microarrays (TMAs)
- Customers can design their own multiplex labeling strategies with:
- Over 150 validated markers
- Robust multiplex validation
State-of-the-art technology for IHC
- PerkinElmer Vectra® Polaris™
- Roche DISCOVERY
- Leica BOND RX
- Ventana Discovery XT
- Ventana BenchMark
- Hamamatsu NanoZoomer
- Special stains
- Multiplex panels
A partnership with Cerba research will help advance the face of clinical development.
As a partner, Cerba empowers customers to create new, life-changing therapies for patients across the globe.
A 360° Tour through the Cerba Research IHC Centre of Excellence
Video Credit: Cerba Research
About Cerba Research
For over 35 years, Cerba Research has been setting the industry standard for exemplary clinical trial conduct. Today, across five continents, with a focus on precision medicine, we are changing the paradigm of the central lab’s role in complex clinical research.
From protocol inception through development and to market, our passionate experts deliver the highest quality specialized and personalized laboratory and diagnostic solutions. Partner with us for the most efficient strategy to actualize your biotech and pharmaceutical products sooner and improve the lives of patients worldwide.
Sponsored Content Policy: News-Medical.net publishes articles and related content that may be derived from sources where we have existing commercial relationships, provided such content adds value to the core editorial ethos of News-Medical.Net which is to educate and inform site visitors interested in medical research, science, medical devices and treatments.