With the BioPhotometer plus, Eppendorf offers a compact UV/Vis photometer for use in molecular biology, biochemistry and cell biology. The photometer provides instant, out-of-the-box access to 32 routine methods, of which 9 methods are freely programmable:
- Measurement of DNA, RNA and protein concentration (UV and colorimetric)
- Incorporation rate of fluorescent molecules (550 nm/650 nm), e. g., for microarray experiments
- Enzymatic assays (e.g., peroxidase, alkaline phosphatase, β-galactosidase)
- Optical density of cells (OD 600)
Both measurement and calculation of results are performed at the press of a button, and the results of the analysis, as well as all accompanying data, are available at a glance. This guarantees safe, error-free operation and reliable results.
In addition to its low weight, the photometer is small, yet extremely sturdy due to a robust metal housing, which allows for easy transport and cleaning.
The BioPhotometer plus is designed for use with cuvettes such as the Eppendorf UVette®, but is also optimized for measurement of small volumes through the use of microliter cells such as Hellma® TrayCell.
- Quantification of nucleic acids (dsDNA, ssDNA, RNA, Oligo)
- Quantification of proteins (280 nm, Bradford, Lowry, BCA)
- Cell density measurement (OD600)
- NEW - Incorporation rate of fluorescent dyes (dye 550/650, e.g., Cy-3, Cy-5)
- NEW - Enzymatic assays: endpoint detection (e.g., of enzyme activities or cell biological assays)
- NEW - Direct absorbance measurement of single wavelengths without any calculation (230 nm, 260 nm, 280 nm, 340 nm, 405 nm, 490 nm, 550 nm, 595 nm, 650 nm)