With the BioPhotometer plus, Eppendorf offers a compact UV/Vis photometer for use in molecular biology, biochemistry and cell biology. The photometer provides instant, out-of-the-box access to 32 routine methods, of which 9 methods are freely programmable:
- Measurement of DNA, RNA and protein concentration (UV and colorimetric)
- Incorporation rate of fluorescent molecules (550 nm/650 nm), e. g., for microarray experiments
- Enzymatic assays (e.g., peroxidase, alkaline phosphatase, β-galactosidase)
- Optical density of cells (OD 600)
Both measurement and calculation of results are performed at the press of a button, and the results of the analysis, as well as all accompanying data, are available at a glance. This guarantees safe, error-free operation and reliable results.
In addition to its low weight, the photometer is small, yet extremely sturdy due to a robust metal housing, which allows for easy transport and cleaning.
The BioPhotometer plus is designed for use with cuvettes such as the Eppendorf UVette®, but is also optimized for measurement of small volumes through the use of microliter cells such as Hellma® TrayCell.
- Quantification of nucleic acids (dsDNA, ssDNA, RNA, Oligo)
- Quantification of proteins (280 nm, Bradford, Lowry, BCA)
- Cell density measurement (OD600)
- NEW - Incorporation rate of fluorescent dyes (dye 550/650, e.g., Cy-3, Cy-5)
- NEW - Enzymatic assays: endpoint detection (e.g., of enzyme activities or cell biological assays)
- NEW - Direct absorbance measurement of single wavelengths without any calculation (230 nm, 260 nm, 280 nm, 340 nm, 405 nm, 490 nm, 550 nm, 595 nm, 650 nm)
The new Eppendorf BioSpectrometer®