Centrifuge 5424 and Centrifuge 5424 R are the new laboratory standard. With their 24-place capacity and speed up to 21,130 x g they are perfectly equipped for all modern molecular biology applications in Eppendorf and PCR tubes.
When working with spin columns kits, the Eppendorf Kit rotor® with raised rim solves the issue of open tube caps shearing off during the elution step. Refrigerated Centrifuge 5424 R features state of the art cooling technology to ensure energy efficiency and high temperature accuracy for maximum sample protection. For ease-of-operation and time savings, Centrifuge 5424 R cools down to 4 °C in only 8 minutes.
Eppendorf Kit rotor® (F – 45 – 18 – 11 – Kit) for 18 x spin columns and 1.5/2.0 mL tubes (max. 18,111 x g)
This unique rotor offers a solution for a common problem when working with MiniPrep spin column kits: open tube lids that shear off during the elution step. This problem traditionally occurs because standard rotors do not provide enough support for open tube lids during centrifugation. The Eppendorf Kit rotor is designed with an extended rim that serves as a rest for tube caps during centrifugation and protects them from shearing off. Your tube lids will not tear off anymore.
Eppendorf Centrifuge 5424 and 5424 R
- Max. rotor capacity: 24 x 1.5/2.0 mL vessels
- Max. speed: 20,238 × g (14,680 rpm)
- OptiBowl® design for quiet operation, even without a rotor lid
- Soft-touch one-finger lid closure for ergonomic operation
- SOFT brake to protect sensitive samples
- Full digital display with time and speed display
- Separate short-spin key for quick centrifugation
- Automatic lid opening at the end of the run - prevents sample warming and allows easy access to samples (only Centrifuge 5424)
- Certified aerosol-tight rotor comes standard for safe centrifugation of hazardous samples
- Available as a rotary knob version for fast parameter selection, or keypad version for easy cleaning
Special features for Centrifuge 5424 R
- Temperature range from -10 °C to +40 °C
- Guaranteed temperature of 4 °C at maximum rotational speed
- FastTemp function for quick pre-cooling of the centrifuge, e.g. from ~ 21 °C to 4 °C in only 8 minutes
- ECO power shut-off engages after 8 hours of non-use to reduce energy consumption (40 % over night) and extend compressor life (can be deactivated)
- The patented compressor technology reduces vibrations and protects your samples
- Built-in condensation drain to eliminate water accumulation in the rotor chamber