The Eppendorf BioSpectrometers are small, very compact spectrophotometers that allow users to conduct measurements in the UV/ Vis and fluorescence range. Absorbance spectra can be recorded, and individual wavelength measurements can be conducted, in a spectral range of 200 nm to 830 nm.
On the BioSpectrometer kinetic, the cuvette shaft can also be tempered in a range of +20 °C to +42 °C, meaning that enzyme and substrate kinetics can be measured directly in the device. The integrated fluorescence unit of the BioSpectrometer fluorescence can be used to increase the measuring range by using fluorescence dyes.
The BioSpectrometers can measure and record UV/Vis spectral ranges as well as measure individual wavelengths from 200 nm to 830 nm. The freely selectable wavelengths provide maximum flexibility for all current and future applications. The BioSpectrometer software is based on an operation concept which has been awarded for its innovative technology and user-friendly design.
The new Eppendorf BioSpectrometer®
The optimized menu navigation of the BioSpectrometer guides you through the individual methods step by step. All required entries are visible so no essential data will be omitted. A help box explains the operational sequences and is available in 5 different languages.
In addition to pre-programmed methods for standard measurements, you can also create and store your own methods. Frequently used methods can be saved separately for quick access. The software operation minimizes programming and enables a quick start.
As an expansion of the BioSpectrometer basic, the Eppendorf BioSpectrometer kinetic features a temperature-controlled cuvette shaft. The integrated Peltier element guarantees high-precision temperature control, allowing for enzyme and substrate kinetics to be performed directly in the device without additional accessories.
The temperature of the cuvette shaft can be freely selected between +20 °C and +42 °C, in 0.1 °C increments. The integration of such a precise temperature control in a small-footprint photometer is unparalleled.
- UV/Vis spectral range 200 nm to 830 nm
- Freely selectable wavelengths across the entire UV/Vis spectral range (increment: 1 nm)
- Compatible with microliter measuring cells and standard cuvettes
- Temperature controlled cuvette shaft in the BioSpectrometer kinetic (20 °C to 42 °C in 0.1 °C increments)
- Fluorescence intensity measurements across a range of 0.5 nM to 2,000 nM fluorescein with the BioSpectrometer fluorescence
- Data transfer via USB interface
- Xenon flash lamp with very long service life
- Help box with explanation of each individual step in 5 languages
- Integrated application and results memory
- Preprogrammed applications for quick start
- Absorbance measurement for one or more wavelengths, recording of wavelength scans
- Applications with evaluations via factor, standard or standard series
- Two-wavelength method with subtraction and division evaluation
- Concentration via standard series (including linear and non-linear regression and linear interpolation)
- Fluorescence measurements to increase the measuring range by a factor of 1,000, for example, to detect low amounts of DNA
- Temperature controlled cuvette shaft for determining enzyme and substrate kinetics