The CLARIOstar® Plus is the latest addition to our family and the most-sensitive monochromator-based microplate reader. This high-performance multi-mode microplate reader from BMG LABTECH is equipped with revolutionary LVF MonochromatorsTM, spectrometer, and filters.
Patented LVF Monochromators™ include cutting-edge technology, such as linear variable filters and a linear variable dichroic mirror. These provide the highest flexibility while delivering filter-like performance for fluorescence and luminescence assays including FRET and BRET.
There is no compromise when it comes to sensitivity and flexibility, making the CLARIOstar Plus the leading microplate reader in its class. The Enhanced Dynamic Range and autofocus technologies significantly improve usability, making manual settings superfluous and detection optimisation easier than ever.
Features of the CLARIOstar Plus multi-mode microplate reader include:
- LVF Monochromators™ with continuously adjustable bandwidths from 8 to 100 nm allow more light for excitation and emission, resulting in greater sensitivity
- Largest dynamic range with no manual intervention - Rapid full-plate autofocus
- Increased flexibility with dedicated detectors
- Top and bottom reading for fluorescence and luminescence assays using monochromators or filters
- Combine filters and monochromators in the same measurement for higher flexibility in any fluorescence or luminescence assay
- High-speed, full spectrum UV/vis absorbance (220 to 1000 nm in < 1 second per well)
- Advanced detection modes: fluorescence polarization, time-resolved fluorescence, TR-FRET and AlphaScreen®
- Dedicated, high-energy laser for AlphaScreen® and AlphaLISA® assays
- Dedicated features for live cell-based assays including Atmospheric Control Unit
- Ultra-fast data sampling (100 measurements/second) for fast kinetics
The Atmospheric Control Unit (ACU) allows independent, simultaneous control of both O2 and CO2 within the microplate reader chamber. Ranging from standard cell growth assays to cytotoxicity assays, the ACU provides the optimal environment for any live cell-based assay. As a unique function, the CLARIOstar Plus with ACU can run gas ramps and mimic pathological conditions such as ischemia/reperfusion and hypoxia in vitro.
Understanding the basic mechanisms and physiology of GPCRs