The DynaPro® NanoStar® is a cuvette based dynamic light scattering (DLS) instrument used for the analysis of protein solutions, promiscuous inhibitors and all types of macromolecules or nanoparticles in solution. To accommodate scarce and precious samples, quartz cuvettes afford robust, accurate measurements with as little as 1 µL of solution, while our disposable cuvettes provide comparable sensitivity with as little as 4 µL. A separate, optimized static light scattering (SLS) channel offers true molar mass measurements.
Utilizing the parallel DLS and SLS channels, the NanoStar measures hydrodynamic radius Rh, size distributions, weight-average molar mass, and solution properties relevant to sample stability: the second virial coefficient (A2 or B22), the diffusion interaction parameter (kD or D1), and the temperature of protein melting or aggregation onset (TM, Tonset).
- Sensitivity: 0.1 mg/mL lysozyme
- Range of hydrodynamic radius Rh: 0.2 nm to 2500 nm
- Range of molar mass: 300 Da to 1 MDa (may vary with molecular composition, size or solvent)
- Temperature range: -15°C to 150°C
- DYNAMICS® software provides a comprehensive set of analyses for macromolecules and nanoparticles
Performing double duty, the NanoStar’s optical fiber pick-up may be coupled to any of Wyatt's multi-angle light scattering (MALS) detectors - the DAWN® or miniDAWN™ - to add on-line DLS measurements in the same detection volume as chromatographic SEC-MALS or FFF-MALS measurements.