The ultraDAWN is a unique multi-angle light scattering (MALS) instrument, designed for process monitoring and control of macromolecules and nanoparticles. With its accompanying OBSERVER™ software, ultraDAWN calculates and reports molar mass, size and/or particle concentration, 30 times per minute, and provides triggers based on pre-defined conditions relating to these product attributes.
While typical PAT monitors process conditions and indirect attributes (e.g. UV signal), ultraDAWN revolutionizes process development with its continuous, direct measurements of actual product properties.
With an intelligent user interface indicating the measured quantities alongside system health diagnostics, the ultraDAWN provides a solution for:
- Real-time monitoring of Mw from 103 to 109 g/mol and Rg from 10 to 250 nm. (For molar mass analysis, the current version of OBSERVER™ software requires fixed analyte concentration and solvent composition)
- Real-time monitoring of particle radius from 10 to 250 nm and particle concentration (# of particles/mL)
- Immediate detection of particulate contamination
- Triggering process endpoints or critical alarms
Process integration options
- In-line or on-line configuration
- Process or slipstream flow rates from 0.1 mL/min to over 5 mL/min
- Stand-alone or integration with production control software via OPC
Process development and online/inline process analytics for polymerization/depolymerization, virus purification, and other downstream biologic processing