The Optilab® (refractometer with extended range) is used in conjunction with any HPLC, FPLC, GPC or FFF separation system, plus a Wyatt multi-angle light scattering (MALS) detector such as the DAWN® or miniDAWN™, for the absolute determination of the molar mass of all types of macromolecules in solution. Its dynamic range exceeds that of any comparable instrument by 50x, without sacrificing sensitivity.
The Optilab® adds many unique capabilities over other on-line refractometers:
- Measurement of the absolute refractive index of a solution, important for characterizing solvents
- Measurement of the dn/dc of a sample at the same wavelength of light as the light scattering instrument, critical for accurate polymer characterization
- Temperature control both above and below ambient, from 4°C - 65°C
- Range: -0.0047 to + 0.0047 RIU
- Sensitivity: 7.5x10-10 RIU