EKF Diagnostics’ HemataStat II™ is a microhematocrit centrifuge that provides a quantitative hematocrit reading for up to six blood samples from one 60 second spin.
Hematocrit is the volume percentage (%) of red blood cells in blood. The measurement is taken as the amount of red blood cells in relation to the amount of plasma from a spun sample.
HemataStat is ideal for point-of care and laboratory use in clinics and hospitals. Its compact size and the optional battery pack makes it well suited for outreach programs and also for veterinary settings. HemataStat is used in 100% of the plasma collection centers in the USA as it allows a simple hematocrit measurement and further-on analysis of the plasma fraction for proteins. The multi-lingual display provides easy to follow instructions to ensure accurate results every time.
HemataStat II combines easy maintenance with a high degree of user safety, for example, heparinized ClearCrit tubes are used to collect the blood sample and are available in plastic, glass or Mylar® coated glass, designed for maximum user safety. Two different diameters of tube are available for low and regular sample volumes.
Additional safety features includes the high quality HemataSEAL tube sealant. HemataSEAL eliminates leakages and blow-outs and ensures accurate and reliable results time after time.
- 60 second spin time
- Built-in reader
- Small and lightweight
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Optional rechargeable battery, for field use
Easy to use
- CLIA waived
- Step by step instructions on display
- Multi-lingual menu
- Clear, disposable sample holders for safe and easy maintenance
- Optional rechargeable battery pack for field use
Fast & accurate
- 60 second spin time
- Built-in low RPM alert
- Accuracy +/- 0.5%
- Correlation coefficient is 0.9978 compared to the NCCLS reference method
- Whisper quiet operation
- Six place rotor
- Built-in tachometer with low RPM alert
- 1,548 - 2,312 RCF
- Compact: 127 (h) x 177 (w) x 279 (d) mm / 5”(h) x 7”(w) x 11”(d)
- Lightweight: 907 g / 2 lbs
Four simple steps
- Fill up to six tubes half to three quarters full
- Seal the tubes
- Spin for 60 seconds
- Read tubes on built-in reader tray. Results are displayed on screen