Heidolph has designed the Hei-VAP series of rotary evaporators in close association with users, with a focus on the essentials—such as well thought-out details with an emphasis on functions and features to streamline daily laboratory work.
Multipurpose combinations with glassware and comprehensive accessories provide the right kind of configuration for all kinds of applications. Ideally matched peripherals complete the rotary evaporators, resulting in comprehensive systems, all from a single source.
During a personal consultation, Heidolph deals with users’ individual needs from process optimization to best configuration through its application specialists—on a special request on site.
The Hei-VAP series - one concept for all requirements
Video Credit: Heidolph North America
Leading safety standards
- All Hei-VAP rotary evaporators include ergonomic handles, a safe heating bath with dry running and overheating protection, an integrated spout and a double wall.
- Universal heating bath for all flask sizes of up to 5 L (retooling is not needed). The rugged metal connection to the base of the device enables changeable distances for the heating bath up to 200 mm without tilting the flasks.
- The standby button halts all functions and, when a motor lift model is used, it lifts out the evaporating flask from the heating bath.
- Digital displays enable constant tracking of the current values and, with the protection class IP 42, protect the electronics consistently from dust and dripping water.
- Individual knobs with intuitive LED ring light system enable visual process control and also allow direct intervention in the evaporation process at all times.
- To prevent corrosion and short circuits in a systematic manner, the cable connections of the heating bath and the operating panel conform to high protection class IP 67.
- The knobs have a locking function that prevents accidental adjustment of the values
- Residual heat indicator— when the function is in standby mode and is deactivated, flashing and the display of the residual heat alert about the risk of burns (more than 50°C).
- Extra safety from a single source—such as the transparent plastic coating of the glassware, guard hood (implosion protection), guard shield and IQ-OQ documentation and certification.
Superior ease of use
- All models come with a motor or hand lift
- The patented flask clamp Easy-Clip makes it easy to fix and change the evaporating flask. The mechanism subtly removes glass joints to avoid glass breakage.
- The multipurpose operating concept fulfills all needs with both touch and digital displays.
- The removal panel with an optional holding device and extension cable enables simple and rapid operation even beyond the closed-fume hoods.
- Provides intuitive operation, since all settings are centrally configured on the operating panel. Along with the Control-Box, the panel can be utilized as the central control unit to control the vacuum and also the Hei-CHILL recirculation chiller.
- The automatic module Distimatic, which is available as an option, allows complete automatic distillation in continuous, unattended operation.
- The ground-free condenser design ensures easy ventilation—the ventilation cap with threaded connection and PTFE inlay prevents stuck glass without any sign of grease. Alternatively, a venting valve with a refill function is also provided.
- FDA-compliant materials for all passive and active media-contacting components allow a wider range of research and application at a maximum level.
- The easy-release function allows individual modification of the angle of inclination from 20° to 80°, and the height-stop feature restricts the immersion depth measuring up to 155 mm.
Reduced cost of ownership
- No unwanted extra charges—the patented clamping sleeve makes sure that the vapor tube is prevented from getting trapped in the drive.
- Ground-free condenser design along with grease-free threaded connections.
- With the combined screw thread of the patented Easy-Clip, the trapped evaporating flasks can be discharged easily and safely.
- The universal heating bath is appropriate for all flasks up to 5 L, without extra charges for retrofitting.
- The highly resistant and especially durable PTFE vacuum seals achieve optimum tightness and decrease costs for spare components in the long run.
- The special tightness of the vacuum system results in shorter process times, decreased energy costs and excellent results.
- Even greater efficiency with up to 40% higher evaporation rates—the smart design of the XL condenser offers 57% more cooling surface at virtually the same height as the earlier standard vertical condensers.
- Most of the spare and wear parts of the current series are forward- and backward- compatible with previous models.
- A quality that pays off—corrosion-free die cast housings, available with maintenance-free motors and condensation-repellent varnish, ensure a long lifetime and unlimited, constant operation with considerably lower maintenance charges.
- Media-contacting plastic components, like the clamping sleeve on the vapor tube and the screw connection for placing the condenser, are composed of highly resistant PPS to guarantee an extended lifespan.