Magnetic stirrers from Heidolph traditionally serve as day-to-day laboratory helpers, be it in research laboratories in leading sectors or at universities, everywhere synthesis, titration, or extraction is performed with the need for maximum accuracy. Many users depend on Heidolph’s durable and reliable quality, made in Germany.
Either with or without a heating function, all Heidolph’s magnetic stirrers share one thing in common—a robust and smooth stirring that helps mix low-viscosity media by up to 20 L.
Specifically, the magnetic stirrer version with a heating function includes a sealed, fire proof die-cast aluminum housing as well as a special Kera Disk® plate that integrates the benefits of ceramic and aluminum.
Each model has its own particular functionalities for users’ individual requirements: from the analog magnetic stirrer (Hei-Standard) to the advanced model with timer function and numerous interfaces (Hei-Connect), users can now rapidly find their Heidolph magnetic stirrer.
Users will be able to find a range of essential accessories as a system solution for accurate temperature control (temperature sensor Pt1000), for the substituent of oil baths (Heat On), for pure stirring tasks (stirring bars), for redefining reflux reactions (Findenser™), or for parallel reactions (StarFish). Everything can be done from a single source for efficient work.
Also, the MR Hei-Standard, MR Hei-Tec, and the MR Hei-Connect are all NRTL certified.
To select the right system, users can contact Heidolph’s specialists.
Leading safety standards
- An individual on or off button for the heating function avoids accidental heating. The triggered heating function is clearly detected by the illumination of the button.
- To eliminate fire and accidents categorically, all models have two separate safety circuits that automatically turn off the hotplate in the event of an unnecessary rise in temperature.
- A combination with Heat-On attachments makes the application relatively safer.
- All models are fitted with a visual residual heat indicator to avoid burns.
- For safety purposes, the device is completely turned off in the event of a damaged temperature sensor, a faultly processor, a short circuit and a defective motor.
- To avoid any splashing, the rotation speed accelerates gradually until it reaches the preferred value.
- Even with the quickest heating times compared to traditional magnetic stirrers, the integrated PID controller ensures accurate control without exceeding the temperature.
- The device is not damaged even at the highest temperatures, and all models are fitted with a fire resistant die-cast housing.
Superior ease of use
- With the help of a robust stirring magnet, the stirring rod can be safely entrained even with larger amounts of up to 20 L.
- The exclusive Kera-Disk® coating is highly resistant to scratches and chemicals. Hence, the hotplate can be cleaned easily and dirt can also be removed easily. The heating process is accurately controlled by a PID controller.
- The stirring process is not disrupted even if the hotplate fails. This avoids overheating of the sample.
- Using the free software support for the Hei-Connect model, processes can be consistently automated and documented—for up to four devices at the same time.
- Efficient cold insulation avoids condensation problems in the housing and thus prevents contact between electronic components and condensation water—perfect for working with dry ice.
- On devices equipped with a display, all parameters can be read from the huge, illuminated display, even from a longer distance,
Reduced cost of ownership
- Evidently shorter process times—the high-heating power of 800 W allows 35% quicker heating times when compared to traditional magnetic stirrers with 600 W.
- Due to its aluminum core, the unique Kera-Disk® hotplate ensures the quickest heating times. Since the plate has a resistant ceramic coating, it is resistant to scratches and chemicals.
- Wear- and maintenance-free motors save costs on repair and spare parts.
- On average, the average operational lifetime is over 10 years, thereby making the purchase a worthwhile investment.
- Corrosion-protected electronics extend to the operational lifetime and decrease cost for new purchases.
- The sealed housings of the magnetic stirrers ensure an extended service life with low susceptibility to repairs.