The Elutrap System is designed to isolate nucleic acids and proteins from agarose or polyacrylamide gel slices by electroelution. Samples are purified with excellent recovery into volumes as low as 200 µl, without requiring sample pretreatment or special buffers.
The Elutrap System can be used with most horizontal gel electrophoresis chambers. The Elutrap Electrophoresis Chamber allows for the most efficient flow of current through the device and can be used for up to four samples simultaneously.
Features and benefits:
- Versatile system can be used for nucleic acids and proteins
- Purifies nucleic acids 14 bp to 150 Kb; proteins larger than 3 to 5 kD
- No salt cushions or special buffers required for elution
- Adjustable trap allows optimization of final sample volume
- Electrophoresis chamber holds up to four Elutrap devices simultaneously