1. Brian Springthorpe Brian Springthorpe United Kingdom says:

    I have had it on good authority that the B12 molecule is to big to permeate the mucous membrane.  This results in only a 1% absorption and 99% being swallowed.  If the gut cannot absorb, due to for example the patient having to take PP Inhibitors, then the 99% that is swallowed goes to waste, i.e. sweat and urine.  This questions the effectiveness of sub-lingual sprays in this application.

The opinions expressed here are the views of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of News Medical.
Post a new comment
Post